Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone have throat issues painfull swollen lymp nodes

[jo...]

I know their are many causes of swollen gland and lymp nodes in the neck but for weeks now I have this swollen gland or node under My chin. Pain is getting worse but strep test neg. Could this be a benzo symptom just to add to the other 100 or so !

I dont need a biopsy needle stuck in My throat on top of the withdrawal symptoms Im already feeling.

I can tell you that any time I've tapered/jumped that YES - I have multiple swollen lymph nodes! Also a sore throat. It could definitely be withdrawal!

I've experienced a sore throat/flu like symptoms after a big cut a few times, but getting checked by a Dr. just to be safe might not be a bad idea.

YES! I have a swollen soar lymph node right now. I just made an appointment to get it checked out though. I'm also sick with a cold or flu or sth. So idk if that's causing it. But I did cut a week or go or so as well.

Yeah, i got the throat and flem thing happening, thought it was a chest infection... have no spleen, so drs did all the tests, which were negative, plus antibiotics, then recently steroids for immune system... i think its w/d and timing fits too... but on the bright side, it made me give up smoking...

I have a sore throat and swollen lymph glands currently but so does my husband and he has never touched a Benzo in his life.... So my point is you can still get other illnesses while on benzos

Right now my throat is sore as well but I've got some kind of bug. My husband also has the same thing and by reading other posts many of us seem kind of sick right now. ''Tis the season! Santa, colds and flu. B

Lol.. -its mid summer here...

But your right, many reasons to be sick, not leas that our bodies are at less than peak preformance levels... and possibly even fighting (to eliminate) the introduced benzo, or thinking it should be fighting something (we are so complex)...

In my case, i have had swabs, bloods and urine tests done, plus strong medications, so im just following my gut instinct, rather than being admitted as my dr wanted... -but thats an option...

So, yeah, dont blindly assume its benzo related, especially if others around u r symptomatic...

But if pathology has no answers, and the shoe fits, i had to consider it... (google helped a little,not alot though)...

There must be something going around because I also have a bug and swollen lymph nodes/ sore throat.

I actually have a swollen lymph node in my armpit and they did an ultrasound and found nothing abnormal, so I will chalk it up to withdrawal sxs.

I hope you feel better soon