Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Does size really matter?

[jr...]

I have read that a benzo loves fatty tissue. it cannot be confirmed or denied however. But laying in bed this am , I was thinking "do people with more fatty tissue have a disadvantage over lean individuals". Exercise seems to be a plus also. not only by releasing endorphins but by reducing fat tissue. I am a big boy. 6 foot tall and 275 pounds. I am down to .01mg in my taper and am going through acute. It has not been an easy road and I still have to jump next week. But I was curious what kind of acute others went through and their size. I know many will shun this theory and that is ok. But I have met people on here who had little to no acute wd and am trying to figure out the reason.

I have lost 30 or 40 pounds in the last 6 or 8 months--I cannot eat anymore and I have no appetite---actually it is almost funny---people tell me I look fabulous--good frigging grief-----my main problem, horrible constant vertigo, dizziness all day every day for 8 or 9 months----it is killing me---losing all of this weight has not made a difference--xxxx  But I wish only being fat made a difference----or being skinny---what I have found and have been told by a number of doctors taking care of me is that I was totally taken over by clonazepam in the years I was on it--and after no longer having it in my system my body has had to adjust every cell in the body and every cell has to heal--and in the meantime I am living in hell----who knew.  Someone has to stop the drug companies who make a fortune on the pain of so many people--and someone has to teach doctors to not prescribe benzos ever for any reason whatsoever---so sad but true.

[edit: disallowed content removedi]

I have read that a benzo loves fatty tissue. it cannot be confirmed or denied however. But laying in bed this am , I was thinking "do people with more fatty tissue have a disadvantage over lean individuals". Exercise seems to be a plus also. not only by releasing endorphins but by reducing fat tissue. I am a big boy. 6 foot tall and 275 pounds. I am down to .01mg in my taper and am going through acute. It has not been an easy road and I still have to jump next week. But I was curious what kind of acute others went through and their size. I know many will shun this theory and that is ok. But I have met people on here who had little to no acute wd and am trying to figure out the reason.

Probably not .Everyone heals differently and how you taper , seems to make a difference from what I've read.

I have lost 30 or 40 pounds in the last 6 or 8 months--I cannot eat anymore and I have no appetite---actually it is almost funny---people tell me I look fabulous--good frigging grief-----my main problem, horrible constant vertigo, dizziness all day every day for 8 or 9 months----it is killing me---losing all of this weight has not made a difference--the only reason frankly that I have not killed myself is that I actually look better-----although I expect to not be here in a few months because I will not survive this process.  But I wish only being fat made a difference----or being skinny---what I have found and have been told by a number of doctors taking care of me is that I was totally taken over by clonazepam in the years I was on it--and after no longer having it in my system my body has had to adjust every cell in the body and every cell has to heal--and in the meantime I am living in hell----who knew.  Someone has to stop the drug companies who make a fortune on the pain of so many people--and someone has to teach doctors to not prescribe benzos ever for any reason whatsoever---so sad but true.

I asked my pdoc one time if e had ever taken a benzo? He said he was scared to death of them. I ask him why and he said too many people get on them and can't get off. Go figure!!!!

Size doesn't matter as far as I've experienced. I'm 6 foot 135lbs and in hell because of this. I've lost around 25lbs because of it as well and feel worse now than I did when I was heavier, honestly. I think it's mostly dependent on past usage, individual differences in the brain, and how the taper is done.