Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzo free for 10 days

[Wp...]

I wanted to post a message of hope for those who are on their tapering journey. I am 10 days free from benzos and feel 100% better. During the last 6 months I had horrible depression, insomnia, no energy and tons of other withdraw symptoms with no hope of ever being set free from benzos. Now, I have mostly physical symptoms, way more energy and the dark despair has lifted. My body feels like it's transforming and morphing into something; GREAT! I can think more clearly, talk more fluidly, energy is coming back along with being interested in life.

I'm staying positive and know my brain and body is healing. Hoping it gets better in the weeks ahead. Thank you all for sharing your stories as I was once a lurking sole, looking for some hope. For those who are working to be set free from the benzo chain, stay positive, go slow on tour taper and stay plugged into this site and with others who can relate.

I wanted to post a message of hope for those who are on their tapering journey. I am 10 days free from benzos and feel 100% better. During the last 6 months I had horrible depression, insomnia, no energy and tons of other withdraw symptoms with no hope of ever being set free from benzos. Now, I have mostly physical symptoms, way more energy and the dark despair has lifted. My body feels like it's transforming and morphing into something; GREAT! I can think more clearly, talk more fluidly, energy is coming back along with being interested in life.

I'm staying positive and know my brain and body is healing. Hoping it gets better in the weeks ahead. Thank you all for sharing your stories as I was once a lurking sole, looking for some hope.

That is a great post and just in time. Thank You so much

Thanks for posting this.  People are always searching for rapid recoveries and this certainly fits.  I see you're a new member, just want to mention the issue of 'kindling', which is what can happen with repeated uses and withdrawals, making each withdrawal exponentially more problematic.

Not trying to scare you, but to let you know even though you're feeling good, your central nervous system is most likely sensitized to benzodiazepines now and are best avoided in the future.

Enjoy life, Web!

:highfive:

Hi Challis and BRC. Thank you both for the encouraging words and Challis on the kindling advice. Now that I am off this train, I won't be getting back on it. Just thinking of a benzo makes me sick and it has cost me a lot. It took my job, finances, 6 months of my life with horrible withdrawal symptoms and almost my marriage. Definitely not worth taking another ever again! Not feeling like my usual self, but better and healing.

Just went for 20 Minute walk. Will be leaving the house to get lunch and be out in public.