Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can I stop not taper??

[Be...]

I've been on 0.05 of Zanex daily for over 20 years and haven't been able to successfully taper. Can I just stop and suffer withdrawals?  I do get sick when I don't have it but I live in anxiety on it.

It should be tapered. That is the best way to minimize the chances of severe symptoms. The recommended reduction rate is 5 to 10 percent every two weeks. Do you mean that you are currently on .50 mg :o, because .05 is a very small dose.  :o

You are correct .5 

I've tried tapering but haven't been able to stick with it.

Sometimes I take more up to 1. But only at night. After all these years I'm in a state of mild detox every day.  Agitated.  When I taped to 0 I experienced mild detox.  But I am so psychologically addicted.  I understand it but still cannot stick to a plan.  Maybe I'm

Rushing the taper. I'll try to stick on the reduction longer.  Thank you !!!

Have you considered doing a cross-over to Valium? or something else with a longer half-life? Should be a bit easier to taper and more comfortable.

I've been reading that a lot of people have had success with that. My fear is that I'll have the same problem with Valium, as I recall from days gone past, I loved Valium.  It looks like most buddies are taking a much slower taper than I've been doing, so maybe I should try longer tapers.  Thank you so much!  I'm so comforted to know I am not alone !  Valium could be a better option if I do not succeed this go round, but I've never had a support group before and I know this is crucial.

You are correct .5 

I've tried tapering but haven't been able to stick with it.

Sometimes I take more up to 1. But only at night. After all these years I'm in a state of mild detox every day.  Agitated.  When I taped to 0 I experienced mild detox.  But I am so psychologically addicted.  I understand it but still cannot stick to a plan.  Maybe I'm

Rushing the taper. I'll try to stick on the reduction longer.  Thank you !!!

How many times a day do you dose? sounds a little like inter dose wds. when I was at .5mg, I dosed 4 times a day.

It looks like it took you a year from .5?  What was LT switch in April.  I only dose at night. I'm afraid if I take it during the day I'll

Never get off. I've never dosed dayside. Do you think

I should start now ? 

Congrats on kicking it!  That's awesome!  Did you cut the tabs?

It looks like it took you a year from .5?  What was LT switch in April.  I only dose at night. I'm afraid if I take it during the day I'll

Never get off. I've never dosed dayside. Do you think

I should start now ? 

Congrats on kicking it!  That's awesome!  Did you cut the tabs?

LT=liquid taper. You are most likely having interpose withdrawals. Xanax only. has a life life of 6-12 hours.I would start right away if it was me. If you do a liquid taper, you can make tiny daily cuts and reduce your withdrawals

I am trying 3/4 of .5 now by cutting. I'm thinking maybe a month of this or is shorter possible.  Sorry to be so confused but are you saying I might just stop the.5 completely all at once , or taper down?  How do you do such a small dose with liquid?

I am trying 3/4 of .5 now by cutting. I'm thinking maybe a month of this or is shorter possible.  Sorry to be so confused but are you saying I might just stop the.5 completely all at once , or taper down?  How do you do such a small dose with liquid?

get you a 10ml and a 1ml syringe from the drugstore. also a 60ml bottle. If you dissolve .5mg pill into 5ml of 80 proof vodka and add 45ml water , you will have a 50ml solution that is .01mgX per ml. hold this for about a week. If you want to dose once per day take 49.99 ml the first day and 49.98 ml the next day and so on.I would at least dose 2ce per day but that is up to you. if you decide to dose 2ce, just take 1/2 the liquid in the am and the other 1/2 in the pm. if sxs flare up, you can hold as long as necessary. the easy part should be the tapering because the hardest will be the jumping. good luck to you and may you have a smooth taper.