Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Movement & vocal tics

[Be...]

I have been suffering from movement and vocal tics almost all my life with increases and decreases in intensity and frequency.

During my benzo withdrawal, I noticed my tics have been so severe and unbearable.

I think stress and discomfort increase its extremity.

Any help!

Any one experiencing the same?

I have vocal tics. I didn't know why until I found this forum and learened that i was suffering from wds for the past 4.5 years.

Same here. Been suffering from dose-to-dose and tolerance wds for 4 years before tapering.

Did your vocal tics improve now?

I wish I could say they have but they haven't. I'm new to learning about benzo withdraw even though I've been going through it for years. I thought that I may have had an underlying issue with turrets and the withdraw exasterbated it. Know I know that it's merely a symptom and I believe that it will go away on its own in time.

I've had both movement and vocal tics since I was a child. I think the benzos sort of masked them. I didn't see any change in them while I tapered off of Ativan, but they've been pretty bad while decreasing Xanax.

Now they seem to come and go in severity. For about a month, they were terrible. I hope they go away for us eventually.