Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzo healing and 12 step recovery question

[Ja...]

I was wondering if anybody here tried 12 step recovery groups to help with fears. I have been in recovery for years but I still haven't been able to get over the social anxiety that I believe has been amplified due to wds. I was considering writing down a page or so of all my fears to go over with my sponse, hoping that I could possibly  resolve some issues. I'm also seeing a therapist in hopes to get over my fears. I was just wondering if there was anything I could possibly do about this or if my problems are more of a physical nature these days.

Get this book called "Peace From Nervous Suffering @ by Claire Weekes.Its for all types of anxiety disorders. It is very helpful but you have to read it and practice,practice. I know people that have recovered from Social anxiety. I have it very severe and I got all of her books and listen to her recordings too. I have a lot vertigo but when I'm better I hope I get better. I will practice like there's no tomorrow. Please get her book it will explain in layman words everything you need to know about anxiety, the symptoms, causes and how to permanently cure your anxiety.But, you have to practice regularly. Good luck 👍🏾

Thank you so much for the reccomendation. I just ordered a copy and can't wait to read it. I'll be sure to post any progress that I might be able to make.

I just finished and would also recommend Hope And Help For Your Nerves, by Dr. Claire Weekes.  Reading that book made me feel like I just want want to give Dr. Weekes a big hug and tell her thank you!