Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Damm - lost controle...

[Ta...]

Hey

Just 4 days ago i felt fine doing my taping.

But within the last 6 days i have missed 2 x doses of 5mg diazapam (taken before bedtime)

Then tonight  at 2 o' clock I woke up with tough withdrawal synptoms.

I waited until 4 o' clock (it still got worse) and took my 5 mg morning dose + the 5 mg dose i missed the other day.

Rather soon I felt fine again.

I am thinking diazapam is so "long" that the dose I missed the other day, could the reason why I was hit by withdrawal symptoms.

Did I do something wrong ?? - I did not felt that I had an option.

I am currently at 10,12 mg a day - do I have to revise my taping plan ?

I am tappin 0,008 mg pr day - can I go slower to avoid these symptoms again?

• 2 weeks later...
Taper slowly and do not skip or miss a dose. Your body is totally dependent on these drugs. You send your brain into a miss fire when you stop the drug rapidly.

Gosh, I am sorry I missed your post...I periodically have whole pages of posts go missing!!

Anyway, how are you doing today?  It has been 9 days since your original post...

Hey

Just 4 days ago i felt fine doing my taping.

But within the last 6 days i have missed 2 x doses of 5mg diazapam (taken before bedtime)

Then tonight  at 2 o' clock I woke up with tough withdrawal synptoms.

I waited until 4 o' clock (it still got worse) and took my 5 mg morning dose + the 5 mg dose i missed the other day.

Rather soon I felt fine again.

1) I am thinking diazapam is so "long" that the dose I missed the other day, could the reason why I was hit by withdrawal symptoms.

Did I do something wrong ?? - I did not felt that I had an option.

I am currently at 10,12 mg a day - do I have to revise my taping plan ?

2) I am tappin 0,008 mg pr day - can I go slower to avoid these symptoms again?

1) Absolutely correct.  There is  delay between the time a dose is missed (or changed) before the effects are felt.  In fact, if you are ever unsure about whether you took a dose, take it anyway.  A one-off updose will do no harm, but a missed dose will cause an onset of sxs.

2)  Well, you can as slow as you want.  But at your current dose, .008/day is only about 2.4% a month...pretty slow.