Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I am a new member tapering xanax, my introduction

[la...]

I'm joining BB to learn how to continue to taper xanax and ambien

I am currently at 4 mg Xanax down from 8mg from dry cutting and have not tapered ambien

I have been on Xanax for 6 years

I have been on Ambien for 8 i think

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, lagertha.

Congrats on halving your Xanax dose!  I'm glad you're here for support in continuing your taper.  Here are a couple of links to pertinent boards to begin posting to the wider membership:

General Taper Plans 

Withdrawal Support 

Please take some time to Create a Signature. This will help other members understand your history so they will be better able to support you.

Go to the top of the page and select Profile, then choose Forum Profile, insert drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile.

When you have a chance, I highly recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, which is an authoritative source on what to expect during withdrawal and recovery, authored by Dr. C. Heather Ashton, who is an expert in the field. It provides a great deal of information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations on the reasons for their existence.

Take care,

Challis  :smitten:

Good luck developing your plan! You will find a lot of help and encouragement here from many people who have been through a similar situation. Challis gave you some excellent starting points and once you read over those the forums for developing a taper plan and xanax support groups are really helpful. Good luck!