Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When .5mg Clonazepam generic pill weighs more than .5mg

[cc...]

Hi,

I made a suspension yesterday from taking two .5 pills and crushing in ora blend liquid. I wanted 50mcg per ml so I diluted 30ml of OB with the 1mg powder where 1/30 gives you .05mg, which is 50mcg.

Question: the pill strength is .5 but the actual pill weight is about 10mg!!!

Did I still do it right??? Please explain why or why not. I need answer ASAP if possible because I might have to redo.

Thanks alot.

The pills have Clonazepam and fillers in them so weigh more than the stated weight of Clonazepam.

My .5mg Clonazepam pills weigh around 0.171 grams each, as long as you used the whole pill you will be getting the .5mg of Clonazepam

Hi,

I made a suspension yesterday from taking two .5 pills and crushing in ora blend liquid. I wanted 50mcg per ml so I diluted 30ml of OB with the 1mg powder where 1/30 gives you .05mg, which is 50mcg.

Question: the pill strength is .5 but the actual pill weight is about 10mg!!!

Did I still do it right??? Please explain why or why not. I need answer ASAP if possible because I might have to redo.

Thanks alot.

1)  I'm reasonably certain that your tablets weigh quite a bit more than 10mg.  Most of the weights i see here for K tablets are in the 130-150mg range.

2)  The ".5mg" rating is only the amount of K in the tablet.  Most of the tablet is composed of binders, fillers, colorants, and other inactive ingredients.

3) I'm confused by your calculation, but it you mixed 2x .5mg  tablets (1mg) in 50ml liquid, then each ml contains .02mg K.

Hi,

I still have problems understanding the liquid 1ml = 1mg...

If one .5mg K weighs about 160mg then you get 1mg of weight per ml.

So in my example:

I want to take .05mg less from my morning K; I usually take to .5 tablet K in the morning.

I take one .5 tablet + 1/2 .5 tablet, equaling 750mcg.

Then I take four 1ml (50mcg), totaling 200mcg so total K intake is 950mcg.

This is based on my presumption that 1mg active ingredient = 1 ml water. So I take two .5 tablets, crush em, add 20ml, mix em well and I get 50mcg per ml.

However, if 1mg of weights = 1ml water, I'm totally off... I need 5o actually mix approx 160mg to 160ml of water to get 1mg of weight to 1 ml of water...

Where am I going wrong? I'm afraid my cut is way bigger now.

Please help!!!

Thanks

Forget about the weight of the tablets...it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the amount of active ingredient in the tablet; in this case, .5mg.