Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Dp/Dr Really Hard!! Help

[Tr...]

I hear you. It is a particularly horrible feeling, and I don't have it as bad as some folks. When I'm feeling particularly weird I put music on, lie down and close my eyes. Just really try to concentrate on it.

It really is.  I would have mild episodes of it during my taper.  But, this is at a level that is just......  I have no words.  Causes me severe mental anguish! 

[b9...]
I feel so with you....😢. Try to relax. I used meditation when I was feeling like this. I lay down on my bed. In a dark room. Just wanted to be left alone. Focus on your breathing. Try to focus on that this is benzo talking. I know it is scary and a true hell. I find it very helpfull to use meditation guided or not. Listen to waves and wind...find some way to find inner peace. I know it is hard. But meditation saved me...

I feel so with you....😢. Try to relax. I used meditation when I was feeling like this. I lay down on my bed. In a dark room. Just wanted to be left alone. Focus on your breathing. Try to focus on that this is benzo talking. I know it is scary and a true hell. I find it very helpfull to use meditation guided or not. Listen to waves and wind...find some way to find inner peace. I know it is hard. But meditation saved me...

Did you have severe dp/dr?  Thank you

[b9...]

Yes I had. And the scared me a a lot. If you google it I think I have all these symptoms. It felt unreal all things around me. The world, me, my body, my husband. Like I was in a movie. I could look at my body and it was not my body. My home was strange. I felt like I was disconnected with my body. Out of body experience kind of. Even if I touched my leg my brain couldn't understand it really was me. When I looked at stuff at home for ex a cup it looked like it was 2 cups. I had to touch it and hold it in my hand to understand that it was not 2. I had this when I was cut to big and to quick....Worst was not knowing who I was or where...I was so sure I had gone mad!

Yes I had. And the scared me a a lot. If you google it I think I have all these symptoms. It felt unreal all things around me. The world, me, my body, my husband. Like I was in a movie. I could look at my body and it was not my body. My home was strange. I felt like I was disconnected with my body. Out of body experience kind of. Even if I touched my leg my brain couldn't understand it really was me. When I looked at stuff at home for ex a cup it looked like it was 2 cups. I had to touch it and hold it in my hand to understand that it was not 2. I had this when I was cut to big and to quick....Worst was not knowing who I was or where...I was so sure I had gone mad!

That just is so upsetting people have to go through all this.  Brings tears to my eyes.  Thank you for being so open about your experience.  I'm glad it resolved for you.

[b9...]

That just is so upsetting people have to go through all this.  Brings tears to my eyes.  Thank you for being so open about your experience.  I'm glad it resolved for you.

It will for you too. I promise. But I can feel your suffering and the pain this cause. I have extreme abstinence at the moment. Have not feel like this since September and I had forget! How ugly and nasty this is. But remember you are not alone.We are here for support. Take care

It will for you too. I promise. But I can feel your suffering and the pain this cause. I have extreme abstinence at the moment. Have not feel like this since September and I had forget! How ugly and nasty this is. But remember you are not alone.We are here for support. Take care

Scares me so much, I can't eat from the fear it causes me.Thank you.  Be Well.