Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

4 .5 months out scared please help

[Re...]

Hi everyone I was doing half decent and now I am bedridden new symptoms piling on everyday in last 2 weeks thyroid issues ( never before) neausea rapid stomach and breast swelling extreme headaches. Just very very sick. I am so scared this is my new normal. I feel worse than acute and I was doing ok. I need hope please anyone who got major symptom onset this far out and got better. I eneded up in ER last night because I was in psychosis panic attack over the situation. Scared this is it for me now

Hang in there - I think your symptoms sound normal - do you have support? A counselor? What did ER do? Did they check you out physically? to be sure everything was ok?

I was off for 2 months and my symptoms were getting worse and worse - I reinstated accidentally (I don't recommend this) but you are in that window of it getting worse and better......

What Dr handled your taper? can you call him/her and ask for help? do you trust him/her

I'm sure someone who has experienced what you are and at a similar time and better now (wow that was a wordy awful sentence) - will chime in here - I just wanted you to know that I saw your post and am sending hugs and healing thoughts your way........this is not your new normal and this is not it for you - this is you in withdrawal.....

Hi, Yes I am the same ..really awful bloat or swell tummy breasts even my legs ..I have not even eaten today or yesterday ...had only a cup of tea twice both days and a slice of toast morning ...no dinner tea or anything ...water ... I have put so much weight on...it used to go down ...in a morning i am much smaller ...It is awful ...not even starving helps .... :(

Your stomach gets sluggish, and manages to empty 'fluids' out easier than solids (if your GABA receptors have affected your stomach and peristalsis action).  I ended up at ER in Month 2 with high BP, and pins & needles on my head and face.  It turned out to be due to digestion problems.  I remember managing to make a roasted butternut/garlic soup with soya milk and my tummy handled it well.  If this is what seems to be affecting you, search 'benzo-belly' on this site, and also stick to small meals, and easily digestible food.  I ended up gluten and dairy free.  I'm now starting to add a bit of dairy, but wheat is still a bit problematic for me.  No problem with chicken and most veges seemed okay.  (we are all different though, but wishing you the very best, it was a frightening period for me, but has improved so very much xx)

I'm also on thyroid medication, but from years ago and my medication and self-managing hasn't deviated and is stable.  How did you find your thryoid was acting up?  Has it done so before?  Are you 'Hyper' or 'Hypo'?  Feel free to PM me if you have your Blood test results for your thyroid  if I can be of any help, I'll try and can certainly give you some links to assist, as that was a challenging journey in itself (and affected everything too doh).  It does all heal tho, but we need to do what we can to help our poor wee bodies get through xxx