Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anybody else feel mood, depressed or not sleeping longer than 7 hours...

[We...]

Took me a year and 3 months to taper of 2mg of klonopin and have been benzo free since Sept 2nd 2016 or a little over 3 months! 

Does anybody else feel moody?  At times I feel depressed and I cycle through a ton of emotions within a short period of time.  Maybe it was quitting the antidepressant Amitriptyline back in Nov 18 after I had cut the 50mg dose in half for 2 weeks at the suggestion of the psychiatrist and then stopped taking in on Nov 18th. 

Maybe it was trying to quickly after that date to try and take 2 300mg pills of Neurontin instead of 3 pills a day, but I went back to 3 pills a day for the past 2 weeks now.  I want to be not on so many meds from my psychiatrist, but I guess I am a little impatient. 

I do feel I sleep deeper being off the klonopin, but does sleep improve and mood the longer you are off benzos?  I feel great some weeks while other weeks I am depressed and super moody to my spouse.  I just want to be happy and not feel like a loony person who does not really feel like being social on weeks that I am down.

Can anybody relate or have advice?  How long until they felt normal? How long should I give it before even entertaining reinstating my benzo back that I worked so freaking hard already to get off of?

I feel my emotions more so maybe it is me learning to deal and express them on weeks I am not dealing with happy emotions. 

Can anybody else relate?  How long to be fully healed ( I know if varies from person to person)?

Uncanny that I am feeling just as you are, Weaning.  But I can only get 6 hours and am chronically sleep deprived which brings it's own special misery over time.  My irritability is off the charts and things don't seem to be changing.  I identify only.  WBB

I am now into my twentieth month and i still have two nights at least a week with no sleep at all ...the other five nights is five hours at the most ...four hours is about the amount i get when i sleep ...that is broken too . :(

7h is pretty good. I do sleep 7 hours as well on basically all nights. your mood changes are normal in w/d I believe.

some days depression hits, other days are better. A lot of people here don't sleep much at all + they suffer all the symptoms. that is really hard.

Nobody will tell you how long till full recovery, and try to avoid the horror stories, as they don't apply to most.

according to ashton most symptoms resolve within 6-12months. there was even some table ashton made, how many symptoms are reported after 12 months, and most people had none. I would expect some improvement every month as you go