Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Sleep

[re...]

What do you do?

Can you sleep without help?

I have been taking visteral, switched to Benadryl but Benadryl has dried out my sinuses and now I have a sinus infection on top of these other symptoms

I can't rest.  I'm so restless

My sleep routine has consisted of 200mg theanine, neuro sleep drink 30 mins before bed, then a 5mg melatonin once I am ready to sleep. I'll also play the headspace sleep meditation as fall asleep.

This has worked fairly well, and usually sleep quite well til 4 - 4:30am waking occasionally once or twice before and falling back asleep. If I happen to have a bad night then the next night I'll supplement with 25mg OTC to ensure it doesn't happen twice. Fortunately it hasn't happened much since I don't like to use that often.

I am not in the total-insomnia-state any more, I am able to have nights with 8-10 hours sleep - but then again those with zero sleep. Anything ANYTHING I hear or notice can wake me up or make me so focused that I cannot fall asleep.

But I don't get anxious any more by this. I can accept that this is another sleepless night and I know that I can survive with more than one sleepless night - thats a huge effort, I think.

So there are changes - and so there is hope.