Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

ativan 20 years then phenobarb taper 7 days

[ga...]

Anyone on benzos for several years then a medical phenobarb taper for just 7 days?  Seems like almost every post I have read people tapered much more gradually than I have....not that I want to taper again....this is no fun!  I need someone to talk to... :(

I tapered over 3 weeks after 15 years of use.

THey say slower is the way to go.

I'm 10 mo out and still having problems.

Everyone is different, you may fair well. 

If you do not, remember you will eventually heal.

Take one day at a time.

Anyone on benzos for several years then a medical phenobarb taper for just 7 days?  Seems like almost every post I have read people tapered much more gradually than I have....not that I want to taper again....this is no fun!  I need someone to talk to... :(

I did a CT detox from 8 mg of Ativan. My Ativan was stopped the moment I stepped through the facility door and I was put on Phenobarbitol for 12 days. 130 mg the first day, 90 the second and a reduction for the next 10 days past that.  I went through a horrific withdrawal, especially during the acute period.