Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Over 2 months Xanax off and symptoms getting worse! Pressure and pain......

[Ma...]

yesterday and today has been an elevation in my symptoms like you wouldn't believe! The pressure and numbness and burning in my head is more than I can bare! It's unbelievable above my eyes and in my forehead. It's worse than it has ever been before! I can't hardly see straight my vision is distorted and it is completely numb to the point I can't hardly open my eyes! The confusion and disoriented feeling has gotten worse I can't hardly stand it without getting dizzy or feeling like I'm gonna pass out! I can't hardly look or even notice myself in the mirror and it's getting to the point I don't even feel like I'm in reality anymore and I can't even hardly talk, know what I'm doing or function at all. All I can do is lay down and grab my head because of all the pressure and there is this dull numb burning emotionally surrounded by this dark evil cloud hanging over my head! Horrible evil intrusive thoughts feeling like I'm going to die and death Ian at my door! I can't even function or even carry on a conversation with my family I just got up to go get a drink of water and with all the pressure numbness confusion and evil cloud I don't even know what I'm doing or what's going on anymore! This is crazy I don't think it's ever been this bad. I can't even lay down and watch tv and nothing is distracting from the misery and even now setting here typing this it's that dark evil cloud hanging over my head with all that pressure and numbness above my forehead and in my brain! What's going on with me and why is it getting so bad now worse and worse and not better! It got so bad yesterday and this morning that my mom is wanting to take me back to the hospital butt if this is still WD there is nothing they can do and all they would want to do is give me more meds! I'm lost and I know most of this is Xanax WD but this is unreal and I'm sacred to come off the Zoloft for fear of WD symptoms cause I don't think I can handle anymore WD! This is misery and very scary!

yesterday and today has been an elevation in my symptoms like you wouldn't believe! The pressure and numbness and burning in my head is more than I can bare! It's unbelievable above my eyes and in my forehead. It's worse than it has ever been before! I can't hardly see straight my vision is distorted and it is completely numb to the point I can't hardly open my eyes! The confusion and disoriented feeling has gotten worse I can't hardly stand it without getting dizzy or feeling like I'm gonna pass out! I can't hardly look or even notice myself in the mirror and it's getting to the point I don't even feel like I'm in reality anymore and I can't even hardly talk, know what I'm doing or function at all. All I can do is lay down and grab my head because of all the pressure and there is this dull numb burning emotionally surrounded by this dark evil cloud hanging over my head! Horrible evil intrusive thoughts feeling like I'm going to die and death Ian at my door! I can't even function or even carry on a conversation with my family I just got up to go get a drink of water and with all the pressure numbness confusion and evil cloud I don't even know what I'm doing or what's going on anymore! This is crazy I don't think it's ever been this bad. I can't even lay down and watch tv and nothing is distracting from the misery and even now setting here typing this it's that dark evil cloud hanging over my head with all that pressure and numbness above my forehead and in my brain! What's going on with me and why is it getting so bad now worse and worse and not better! It got so bad yesterday and this morning that my mom is wanting to take me back to the hospital butt if this is still WD there is nothing they can do and all they would want to do is give me more meds! I'm lost and I know most of this is Xanax WD but this is unreal and I'm sacred to come off the Zoloft for fear of WD symptoms cause I don't think I can handle anymore WD! This is misery and very scary!

Keep reminding yourself that this is indeed why things feel so bad at the moment.  Cold turkey withdrawals are particularly difficult and generally acute withdrawal symptoms are worse and last longer, but they will also begin to diminish with more time.

Minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day… that's how we get through this.  Distract, use all your coping strategies  and if they're not working, look for more.  You will get through this.

Keep posting for support… that's why we're here.

You know I feel badly for all your symptoms, but it is the horrific head pressure that gets me most. Because I had it so badly during my acute period.  As I have told you the horrible head pressure brought me to the ER almost daily. I could not take it.  The ER is not to put you on any long term drugs. There sole job is to stabilize you. In my case it was relieving the pain from the head pressure.  Everyone got to know me at one particular hospital.  By the third time they had it down what made it stop, and I wish I could remember there concoction. It was administered via IV and consisted of three medications. All harmless in themselves. The main one was Toradol, which is a anti inflammatory drug that only comes in IV form.  It is nothing they can send you home with. I believe the third was a anti nausea type drug. What ever it was it worked. If the pain gets so insane you should go and get help. There is help out there that would not be detrimental to your withdrawal.