Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Emotionally numb --> drowning in negativity. Anyone else?

[Gi...]

Hi. Almost 5 mos out. About a month ago it was pretty clear the dp/dr started to lift which was very welcome and my sleep has thankfully become good enough I feel like I am able to sort of re-enter my life and it's pretty scary (have to deal with several stressful things at once having nothing to do with benzo w/d). Ive also re-started weekly therapy and reaching out to others a bit which has been good. And I do have days where I feel pretty good and am able to even cope with the scary stuff reasonably well (like yesterday- good day @ work) but other times like last night where I drove my kid and her friends around to look at xmas lights where I felt overcome with sadness and bitterness at the end of the night which has continued to today. Went back to bed though I'm not tired. I just feel sad and defeated and hopeless. And I can say "oh that's depression" which helps some days. Anyone else experience this? How long did it last?

Thanks,

Gina

Remember, our bodies are hypersensitive to all forms of stimulation, or lack thereof. This is what makes withdrawal so hard. Too much of one thing or not enough can potentially make things worse. I'd retrace your steps and try to identify what may have sparked this event. Are you taking other meds?

It's quite possible you are experiencing a wave.

Here are some things that have made a dramatic difference in my own recovery:

1) Proper diet

2) Exercise

3) Not drinking

4) Meditation/amygdala retraining

5) Mindfulness/stimulation

For me, it doesn't last any longer than 3-5 days. But you have to change your thinking. Don't let that black cloud overhead seep into your head.

I am at 1yr now and I know exactly how frustrating and depressing it is. I have seen lots of symptoms come and go but the two worst won't go away and that is the major anxiety and the cognitive issues. I have zero memory and zero attention span. I have days where I feel empowered and days I just want to stay in bed all the time. Winter also to me is even more depressing. I wish I still lived in florida where it is warm all the time. I think we just have to go through it and hope for the best. I'm hoping soon it won't be an issue for us.

Yes, Davis - winter is the worst! We just had a cold front move in and it's like 20 here. Not making me want to go exercise or do anything!

This negativity is so annoying it started to be one of the main and the most serious issues. Is there anybody who can share some positive experience, give us some reassurance and if possible timeline so we can grab on