Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When does the fatigue & muscle pain go away??

[Fl...]

I am now at 16 months post cold turkey. I am doing a lot better. Acute first 2 months was hell and I was out of work. Returned to work month 2 and had very little symptoms from month 2 to around month 8. Then at 8 months I was his with acute symptoms all over again, plus new more intense symptoms. Have worked entire time since month 2. This giant wave lasted from month 8 to month 13. It was really hard to deal with. Ecuador up to month 8 I felt as if I was near heading and boom hellish wave reared its ugly self. Now my main symptoms are left sided chest, rib, shoulder, neck/upper back pain. I get muscle twitches all over my body. The worst being when my left chest muscle will jerk, it take any breath away and causes panic every time. I have checked my pulse during and it is not heart related, EKG normal, blood pressure perfect. I am very fatigued. I work a semi stressful desk job and am whipped after work. I am sore all over, no reason for it. I also feel doomed, sad, not depressed, just not my normal self dealing with all this for so long...

My question is who else is having similar symptoms this far out, or if you have healed, were these symptoms the final stages? The muscle pain and extreme fatigue did not show up until 8 months off. Any tips for left sides muscle pain and twitching/jerks? What to do about fatigue? Some food still trigger symptoms of withdrawal. Tried vitamins C, D, magnesium blend, garlic and probiotic around month 8 though caused reemergence of acute like symptoms followed by withdrawal issues from stopping vitamins. I'm feeling desperate at this point, I just want to be able to wake up and not think about benzo withdrawal, or will this cup of coffee cause me to freak out or will I not be able to swallow steak. Yes, I still have trouble swallowing food, it gets stuck, unless I drink lots of fluids with every meal, any help or ecouragemebt would be a blessing. Thank you

I could have written this post FB! At 16/17 months the muscle pain and tightness was horrendous and was feeling really flat (no energy) this went on for 2 months. I pulled out of it month 17 and feeling alot stronger, more energy and no pain.

Hopefully you pull out of it soon. Plenty of heat creme was my only relief

I started having muscle pain on the left side of my rib cage and sometimes in my lower back at about 13 months out.  I'm headed into month 18 right after the 1st of Jan and it's still going.

Thanks for your replies. Today I am sore though not as sore as I have been lately so I'll take it. What do you think works better, heat or ice?

Thanks for your replies. Today I am sore though not as sore as I have been lately so I'll take it. What do you think works better, heat or ice?

Ice and heat... I would say ice when it feels inflamed heat to loosen the muscles.

Ice and heat... I would say ice when it feels inflamed heat to loosen the muscles.

Thats why people around me are shaking heads .. one minute I have ice on my knees, next minute a hot water bottle on my back.. :idiot: