Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Looking for answers

[la...]

Technically I am wanting to join as I believe  my son has been going through withdrawls from xanax whenever he runs out of money or the availability is scarce (expensive).  I just want to educate myself to help him and hopefully he, himself will become a menber and better his health and life

Hi  :) Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I am glad you found us today. Withdrawal from Xanax can cause a host of symptoms.  They are nothing that you want to go on and off on. Because of something called kindling each withdrawal can be worse than the previous time.

You might like to check out The Ashton Manual it is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field.  I recommend this to read. It won't take long.  You can become a mini expert in no time.

Please feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards, we have a wonderful community of people here, who will give sound advice. Members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal and are more than willing to share their experiences.

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support During Your Taper

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where your son is in the process so they can better support you/him.

Again Welcome!  Your a great Mom! :smitten:

benzos-R-cruel

When begining your withdrawl, how long did any of you go without eating?  (If that was the case)  My son goes for literally weeks.  He does drink water.  Is this normal for withdrawl?  I am freaked out.