Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Jaw issues after Klonopin?

[Ri...]

So, after a long and aggravating dealing with my doctor I have fully tapered off 1mg of klonopin daily for the past 6 years. I felt good on it and had no issues. I tapered off over 3 months and have been without klonopin for a few weeks. My old anxiety is settling back in... My main question is that I am experiencing severe jaw pain which I believe is from night time clenching / grinding. It had the for a week now and I'll be honest, it's pretty depressing to have and not know how long this is going to be around.... I guess my question is, is the hope of this ever going away? It hurts so bad I can hardly eat soft food.

I had that for a few weeks after I jumped.  I went to the dentist because I thought I broke a tooth.  I jumped a little over a month ago.  The jaw was really bad for 2 weeks (Caused severe headaches).  Found out I wasn't just clenching them, but the jaw muscle was having little spasms the entire day.  This did settle down, although I can still feel it at random times.