Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

2 months of Xanax and head pressure and suffering is miserable!

[Ma...]

I'm a little over 2 months off now and the last 3 days I've noticed symptoms getting worse and not better! I feel like I'm dying and going psycho! The numbness burning tingling and pressure in my head is unbearable and has moves today from my forehead to the middle and back of my head and neck and it is absolutely horrid and miserable completely dibilatating! It feels like someone has taking a corkscrew and stabbed my brain and keeps twisting it and has put it in a vice and just keeps squeezing! What causes this and what is happening to my brain? There is extreme confusion, DP, DR to the point o don't even feel like I'm living in reality anymore and I can't think or do anything! I try and lay down on the couch and my bed and just feel all that pressure in my brain and feel numb and confused emotionally with this cloud of horrible evil death and intrusive thoughts all around me! This is so miserable and I'm losing hope! I go back to the doctor tomorrow to talk about the Zoloft I'm on because I've been on it 6 weeks now and I can't tell if maybe it's making things worse? I don't know what to do? I thought this would be a little better after 2 months but it's seems to be getting worse! What's happening to me will I survive or ever recover from this misery?

I know the feeling. I am 6 months off Xanax and everyday it's still there. My life is better but as time passes it begins to feel like you aren't sure if you are improving or not. If only I could take a time machine back to the beginning when I C/T for 5 minutes just to see how bad I had it. Then I could gain some perspective.