Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Headaches

[so...]

Hi buddies, looking for advice on coping with bad headaches and head pressure, and little migrating pains. They have really been ramping up lately. Very unpleasant, and of course make the spacy cog-fog thing worse. Last couple of days have felt migraine-ish. Makes functionality dicey.

Whatever advice anyone has, I'm happy to hear it. I've been taking aspirin, Motrin and Tylenol on a rotating basis, but these recent headaches have been beyond them.

Mods, feel free to move this if needed. Not sure if there is a headache thread somewhere.

You posted in the correct place. I had horrific head pressure and headaches in early withdrawal. It brought me to the ER many times. Eventually I was put on a beta blocker and that seemed to relieve both.

Thanks BRC. I'm already taking propranolol, so that's on board.

Sure hope this eases. No fun, and makes even thinking more of a challenge.

I also rotate aspirin and Tylenol but when they fail I take 2 XS Tylenol and one aspirin together with a cup of coffee. But you have to be able to tolerate caffeine. It normally helps if only to take the edge off so that I can function. It's perfectly safe to take them together although never take ibuprofen and aspirin together. That's a tummy problem waiting to happen. Or you can buy XS excederine which has Tylenol, aspirin and caffeine. I prefer to enjoy a cup of coffee and it's 10X cheaper. B

Thanks Barb. I have little tolerance for caffeine. Even back in my healthy days one cup would set me off - heart slamming and jittery. So I've never really been much of a coffee drinker.

Do you have any idea how the amount in an Excedrin compares to what's in a cup of coffee? If it's a lot less I might give it a try.