Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Shaking and palpitations

[Te...]

I am just under eight weeks off klonopin. I am tapering off gabapentin used as an aid to withdrawal. When I dropped to 200 mg of gabapentin/day (100 mg 2x/day) the shaking and palpitations,  which had been diminishing, got worse again. It's bad in and of itself, but it also makes my gut issues and muscle twitching, which were resolving, worse.  Anyone else have this issue? 

TeeCee, I had terrible palpitations for about a year or so during my taper.  I thought my heart was going to give out, for sure.  I even told my husband that I was ready to meet my maker if that is what was going to happen.    I can't remember the last time I had one - very occasionally I get the odd flip-flap, but very rarely.  It will pass.

Thank you for your response. I was doing better until I did the next gabapentin taper. Now I feel as if I am back in the first month since I withdrew from the klonopin. I hope it doesn't take a year.