Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

NEED HELP...SHOULD I SWITCH FROM ATIVAN TO KOLNOPINE FOR TAPERING?

[fd...]

am not new to this forum, unfortunately.

I successfully cold turkey from Ativan 1 mg daily without my doctors consent on Oct.7, 2016 (this year) after three months of almost daily use. Then a major setback. I have tinnitus, resulting I think from the cold turkey from Ativan the first time. On 11/28/16 I let my physician talk me back into the Ativan this time 2 mgs daily, mostly at night for insomnia on a desperate moment. Now, I am experiencing all the bad things I did when I was on it before, including increased anxiety. The dose does nothing to calm me. I am constantly in panic mode.

My question...I go back to my doc on the 22 (next Thursday). Should I suggest a crossover to Klonopin to taper from BENZOS, plus I have heard that Klonopin can relieve tinnitus perception, so maybe my T might quiet down during the process of going off of them? Since my doctor's appointment is one week away, should I start an ativan taper now so my doc knows I am serious, or just stay at this 2 mg a day? Will the Klonopin hopefully help my insomnia and anxiety while I taper? Is it easier to taper from? Ativan cold turkey was tough! Hopefully with me just using it again fora few weeks it might not, along with a proper taper instead of cold turkey!

All suggestions and tips welcome. I just ask that you not be harsh for my moment of weakness, thanks!

RE: Or should I consider valium? And crossing over...can I just "switch?" Since I have difficulties sleeping would valium be better? Will it bother my tinnitus? Scared!!!!