Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

question about final weeks and anxiety

[pa...]

Hello,

I am down to 1/4 mg. Clonazepam each day, spread out over three doses.  My plan is to just stop taking any of it when I get down to about 1/12 of a mg.  So my first question is, does that sound good?  Doc says anytime now is okay but maybe 1/8 or lower is better.

The second question is: I am having ongoing anxiety at this point and I cannot really tell if it is more related to the rebound anxiety from taking ANY benzos - which has been a huge issue for me - or whether this is my "real" anxiety.  I am super-sensitive to meds so even the small amount I am taking seems to be very impactful.  Does anyone relate to having rebound anxiety at such low doses?  I keep thinking I need to keep lowering the dose to actually answer this question so I guess I will do that, but I was hoping for some validation on this.

So two questions and all answers are appreciated!

Thanks for the link.

I decided to be prepared for anything so I have my 1/12 mg. pills ready, along with two other sizes of pills, each smaller than the other.  I will attempt to just use 1/12's until I am done.  Today I took 2 x 1/12's instead of three.  If I can manage that, I will wait at least one week and then go down to 1/12.  If I can manage that, then a week later I will stop.  As usual I may hold longer depending on symptoms and circumstances.  I like that I have choices.  Today is almost over and I managed on just the 2 x 12's.  I am super ready to stop because I actually think this med is bothering me - actually making me feel horrible when I take it.  Ugggh.  Can't wait to be done with this taper.  Nine months and counting of taper!!!

Honestly I'd be losing my mind if I was cutting pills into 1/12ths. I'm serious. When I went off klonopin I got my pills in .25s (blue) and quartered them into haves then quarters. So 1/4 was .0625 mg. I took .0625 off every 10 days after I'd hit .25. Then was done. There was no therapeutic effect for me by remaining on less than .0625 anyway so stepping off was not difficult. It was honestly a relief. The klonopin was done. Now I'm doing my best to simply carry on down the line with my remaining Valium. For me it's a tricky drug unlike the Ativan and klonopin but everyone is very different. But cutting pills into twelve quarters would have sincerely caused me much more anxiety than taking them was worth. I'm not comfortable with liquids and scales either. So onward I go. B

Congratulations on your taper! It sounds like you're doing well if you're able to get where you are now from where you started. It's probably best to use coping skills to deal with the anxiety, regardless of the source.

I was literally taking crumbs for a week at the end of my taper, less than 1/12 mg. i probably didn't need to but it was a smooth ending to my taper and I don't regret anything. So long as you don't prolong your jump it sounds like you're doing things right!

Thanks for the replies.  It helps!!

FYI I am only cutting my pills into 1/6's because my pills are only .5 mg!  And then my husband - who has patience :) -  weighs them to make them more exact.

On day two of the 2 x 1/12's - a 33% percent reduction - and I do feel it.  We shall see if it gets better or worse.

It is true for me that mornings are worse, so instead of spacing doses evenly, I am spacing so I am comfortable...and that works.  I can go a long time in the afternoon/evening with nothing and I think that is because of the mysterious morning problem with withdrawal as well as the fact that later in the day I am usually with my husband.