Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can't decide to hold or cut

[Da...]

I've been holding at 1.25mg for 2 1/2 weeks and I thought I was stabilizing some this morning. But symptoms keep ramping up and my nausea just keeps getting worse and worse.

Is this tolerance?!?! Should I make a cut?  I feel like I can't win with this hold and everything just keeps getting worse and worse.

IMO, you're still getting slammed because your taper was pretty aggressive. Id hold on personally.

It seems unlikely that a further cut isn't going to just pile more sxs on...

I just feel like I'm moving backwards instead of forwards. When these sxs hit there's no relief.

I feel like I've tried everything to alleviate them and nothing helps.

I just feel like I'm moving backwards instead of forwards. When these sxs hit there's no relief.

I feel like I've tried everything to alleviate them and nothing helps.

You have tapered fast....just sayin'

Yep agree with the others.......too fast of taper. Your sx are ramping up and this is why you feel like your moving backwards instead of forwards. I'd hold til your symptoms level out somewhat.

I followed my doctor's plan to the letter and I ended up in severe withdrawal, likely feeling the way you do now.  I cut while I was still having acute symptoms, and that just made the next cut even worse.  I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing to be gained by reducing faster than you can comfortably tolerate.  Give yourself a break and slow down for now. :) :) :)

I'd say that cutting further when you're already suffering will actually slow you up in the long term. And eventually remove your capacity to function. I think it's very rare that people having bad WD are helped by a further cut.

Dad I think holding till you stabilise is the best thing just now as its hard to think straight when your mind is all over the place with sxs.      :thumbsup:

Thanks. I appreciate the sound minds chiming in. I feel like I'm constantly grasping at thin air.

Thats def a sign that you are tapering to fast....If you would hold it for a couple of weeks, I bet your sx will be alot better

Hell I fully reinstated and am not stable after 6 weeks, hold on and you will get stable!! You will feel worse if u cut. I've seen people's sigs where they have held for months upon months and finally stabilized. There is no rush :)

[c5...]

Don't do it. I did and it made me to a relapse because I get so sick and had over 50 w/d symptoms. Don't rush into it. I did a big cut last time like 12,5 % instead of 10 % or lower and I pay for this now. If you don't listen to your body and hold the pace now, your future can end up in a long period with prolonged abstinence. It can take months/years of bad w/d.

Be kind to yourself and body. Take care

I'm not doing well at all. I get worse by the day!

I can't believe how horrific my nausea is today. It literally hasn't gone away in days. How do I keep getting worse and worse? When I was cutting every couple weeks I would at least have some ok days.

I'm about 5 seconds from going to the hospital. Wtf do I do?!

You cut 30% in a month, that's mental. I cut around the same in September, went psychotic after 6 weeks of getting worse, and slowly reinstated. I've held my full reinstatement and STILL havnt fully recovered after another 6 weeks. Of holding!!!

I got worse before I got better. You are going to either have to updose a bit (don't feel bad if you do) or wait out symptons that may get worse and worse over the weeks, potentially. Not to scare you, just sharing my experience, I wouldn't want you to end up where I am.

Stay functional. Go up to 1.5 until new years or even through January if you don't want to suffer, and then continue your taper from a healthy and confident place. That's my .02 and arguably the only way to remain functional

Oh and good luck :) all the hospital shit isn't worth it if you can just have a longer taper that is way less intense and traumatic on your emotions, brain, and body.

Technically I undid everything I've done since March including all the horrific suffering, and am still not back to feeling as good as I did then. I was extremely hard on myself for "suffering for nothing" but I had to listen to my body. I was hearing things that weren't there, delusional, and sleeping 1 hour a night. Granted, you're not at that point so perhaps chugging through may serve you better.

But in any case, I think you have the wrong mentality towards bumps in the road if you have to hold for a long time or updose, because even if you don't now, you may have to in the future.

Anyways good luck with whatever you choose to do. I wish I was strong enough to not reinstate but I was greedy with my taper. It's a non linear journey, and you will have some setbacks, but as long as you're still headed in the right direction it's a good thing. I think less suffering due to a longer taper is the best decision for most people because they can continue with their lives.

You won't "lose" the last month, you've learned so much about yourself and this shitty drug and it's withdrawal, and what your body can handle. You may continue to feel shitty for a few more weeks before another handful of weeks of stabilization, so if that soothes you at all  (you WILL stabilize at some point) than I hope I've at least helped with that if you decide to hold and not updose.

Hey Dad,  hope you are taking some comfort from all the people who are following your situation  here.

I can't help but think that all the extra stress of the holidays only makes things a lot harder.

Could it be something else that is causing your nausea? Virus,  food sensitivity?  If it is taper-related, have you tried OTC or natural stomach remedies?

I am having stomach issues as well;  I am on day 15 of my last cut and and am basically disabled; can't imagine you holding down a job and family duties as well! My doctor said that the taper could be causing gastritis, inflammation of the stomach,  related to my taper, and put me on OTC Prilosec  and antacids; made a big difference.  A potentially quick remedy  if your brain is triggering excessive secretion of gastric acid.  I am finding that new side effects  are occurring along with all the regular horrible stuff, as I never had stomach problems until the last cut.

I personally would be afraid of going to the ER because I think they would pump me full of more drugs.

Hang in there!  Take things hour by hour, or minute by minute if you have to...

My best wishes, music lover 🎼

Another thing I've noticed is that when I start to relax and calm down, I get this weird palpitation that jolts me back awake and alert. I thought it was a fluke the first time but it's been happening every night now. Anyone have that?

Lots of good advice here. I wouldn't go to the hospital but with your sxs I wouldn't cut either. You've tapered quickly so I'd hold until your much more comfortable. You will be in time. Listen to your body. There's no rush. And ginger tea helps some people with nausea if you like it. The sudden alert jerks are common for me. They're very very frustrating but not harmful. Miserable though. B