Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

dp/dr and dizziness

[Tr...]

Anyone experiencing dp/dr and dizziness this far out, almost 6 months?...I am feeling better lately, little improvement...I still feel my surrounding still a little foreign to me, and still feel out of touch of my body...Panic attacks/heart pressures have stopped for a week now (hope it stay like that)...I took xanax and paxil for 10 yrs, probably this has to do with it?

Tracy

Yep, it's the meds, they cause all these strange symptoms in our bodies. It will eventually fade, just try not to give it too much attention and you will be fine. I know this is tough ride, just hang in there, we'll make it to the other side.

Tracy I'm a year out now and the dr/dp have recently got better. I start to feel in tune with myself and establish connections with other people. It was so scary to me because I felt like I had lost connections to my family and my friends. That further gave me the belief I would always be isolated. As far as the dizziness that went away for me to, mine was earlier on then yours. We all different so the length of time is different too. you will get better it is a matter of how long it takes. I hope you get more relief soon.

Tracy I'm a year out now and the dr/dp have recently got better. I start to feel in tune with myself and establish connections with other people. It was so scary to me because I felt like I had lost connections to my family and my friends. That further gave me the belief I would always be isolated. As far as the dizziness that went away for me to, mine was earlier on then yours. We all different so the length of time is different too. you will get better it is a matter of how long it takes. I hope you get more relief soon.

Hi Davis.  The dp/dr and dizziness, I feel like I am to fall when walking.  I have felt better a lot since last wave. Thanks God for that. I hope it stay like that. I heard people say 6 months -18 months where people will heal. I hope my acute is over by now, it feels like it is. But benzo wd is so non linear...make us scared sometimes....My co workers said I am more happy and calm, and more like myself now...they said I wasn't like myself for the past 4 months. I didn't realized I wasn't myself that much...Do benzo do so much harm like that...

I had multiple falls during my first eight weeks and for the last one I got seventeen stiches. It was scary knowing I would be standing somewhere and then hit the floor, kind of a dizzy black out. It really sucked. The symptoms go on and on and they are very troubling for use. I think from your posts you are getting better as well. On another post we were talking about dizziness and vertigo and doctors believe it is because benzos actually affect balance so taking them away mixes it up. I hope you feel better and less dizzy soon.

I just had two panic attacks today after a week feeling really good. The two panic attacks each last few minutes - half an hour, that has improved a bit.  I have been through panic attacks many times before but I don't know why every time it happened , it still scary me really bad. Thoughts of 'will i be ok? is my heart ok? am i losing it?, etc and etc"...I am just hoping we all will heal soon. It's a tough journey.

Tracy

Yep, it's the meds, they cause all these strange symptoms in our bodies. It will eventually fade, just try not to give it too much attention and you will be fine. I know this is tough ride, just hang in there, we'll make it to the other side.

I agree with this. It took a few years for the world to look right to me, but I got used to it. It goes away. The depersonalization is worse than the DR, but AD's helped me with this.