Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Strange Sensations, Breathing, Phantom Pain at 16 months

[Fl...]

I am now at 16 months, had a bad wave from 8 months to about 13 months. Have been feeling better since month 13 with some random symptoms here and there. Since month 8 I have been having pains in my left ribs, left pectoral and left shoulder blade area. I did not have muscle pain in a cute, just showed up around month 8 and has been ever sense, not getting better. Had X-rays which were normal. Must be this darn withdrawal. Anyone else having random pains this far out. I did the dreaded cold turkey so I'm thinking more close to 2 year mark for healing. Past couple of days I am having weird tightness in my lungs, like I'm not getting satisfying breaths, heavy feeing, though when I take a deep breath it is getting a full breath, it's just a sensation. Anyone have this? I have had it off and on since I quit. I feel exhausted, I work 40 hours a week and only missed 2 months when I first jumped and was going through the crazy suite phase. The muscle pain drives me nuts. Wake up sore, all over, and then the pain focuses in on my left ribs, pectoral and shoulder blade/back area. Would like to hear from anyone going through this. I was getting massive adrenaline spikes from month 8 to 23 with heart racing episodes that sent me into a panic, multiple EKG and blood pressure testing, all normal. Must be this withdrawal... have only had a handful of heart racing events over past 3 months, hoping that is going away for good, it is terrifying to experience. Overall I'm feeling better than month 8-23 though just feel exhausted, sore all over and fragile. Hoping hearing is around the corner, anyone else relate to any of this?

Hi FB,  I have had the breathing since the seventeenth month  it is still here but was worse up until last week ...now the horrible heart arythmia has followed it .everything is a lot better apart from the bloating and this ..maybe it could be from the bloating....hope it soon eases for you because these are so frightening ...really upsetting ones ... >:(

Thank you for our responses. This is all just so crazy. I'm laying on the living room floor with a heating pack on my stomach. Feel sore from my abdomen to my chest and into my upper back. Seems like this soreness hits people well after acute. Hoping this is the final stages of healing. The pain hurts, I feel as if I'm dying, like I have something much worse, though doctors say I'm fine, just unreal