Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Information & Support Needed Please.

[Be...]

Hi, due to neck and shoulder problems I have been using prescribed codeine and diazepam for approx 4months now. I am now prescribed 200mg of codeine daily and 12mg of Diazepam. I am really struggling as my Dads just died ( a month ago) and I decided it would be a good idea to book a week off work and cut all medication down by a third but today I feel dreadful. Really paranoid and not myself, its not been a physical withdrawal so much as its the head stuff. I was opiate and alcohol dependant but had until recently been clean for over 10 years. I am currently waiting for an assessment with The Pain Management Team and probably will be put on Pregablynn (I think thats how you spell it). My GP because of my medical history is keen to withdraw the Diazepam at 2mg per week starting just before Xmas. It was only because I looked on the internet that I realised how dangerous what I am doing can be in terms of long term memory loss and social anxiety. Any good advice right now would be very welcome. Thank you :-)

Hi  :) Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I am glad you found us today. You likely feel dreadful because you are trying to taper too quickly. The recommended reduction rate is 5 to 10 percent every two weeks.

Other medications This is the board for medications that are not benzodiazepines.

You might like to check out The Ashton Manual it is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field. 

Please feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards, we have a wonderful community of people here, who will give sound advice. Members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal and are more than willing to share their experiences.

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support During Your Taper

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again Welcome!  :smitten:

benzos-R-cruel