Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need Support-Facing Another Day

[Tr...]

Woke up hopeful of having less symptoms, but nope.  Nothing.  My spirit is so broken, I'm crying from the dispair I feel.  I miss feeling like ME.  I'm so lost. 

My brain is so overwhelmed.  For the first time ever, I'm not even able to drive or go in a store to get a birthday card for my daughter.  As a mom I'm devastated. 

Really need some support.

Try

I have felt what you describe during my taper.  I think a lot of people would give you the same advice, which is to distract yourself as much as possible.  Try to focus on completing a task, something not too challenging, like sorting or a craft project you know you can do.  This was valuable to me during this ordeal.  I can also tell you that you will get better.  Our brains heal, slowly, but they do heal eventually, and what you're experiencing is the evidence of that healing.  :) :) :)

I know how despairing you feel because i have and do feel like that every day.  What I do when I cannot do things is tell people and myself that I will revisit it in 2017.  And I try and distract myself.  Hang in there

Thank you Shea and Carol,

Thank you for your kindness and support.

I'm just devasted to not be able to do something so simple.  I feel so damaged. 

I tried labeling christmas cards to mail out, and was a shaking crying mess.  I did all 150 cards.  But, it was agony the whole time.  My word.....  Something so simple is so complicated.

Sadly what you're feeling is fairly common. If you can do the Christmas cards even though difficult maybe try to make your daughter a homemade card. With a special little poem or something. Chances are she'll love it. B

Ahhh...but you did do the cards...even if it was painful.  Good for you.

That's true Carol Jean.  You are right I did do the cards. 

Thank you.

Sadly what you're feeling is fairly common. If you can do the Christmas cards even though difficult maybe try to make your daughter a homemade card. With a special little poem or something. Chances are she'll love it. B

Thank you Barb for your reply.

In my case, it is hard to believe this is withdrawal.  Doesn't feel like it.

Try

I feel for you. I felt like you in January. I felt like if I could just make myself a protein shake in the blender or drive to the store it was a huge accomplishment! Luckily I have mostly been much better since about April, slowly being able to do more things.

Lately because of some serious life stress, I am having more trouble doing basic things. I know that someday very soon your condition will improve.

It sucks not being able to do what you love. I used to be so fit and athletic. I have barely worked out at all in a year. I dream of being able to have the stamina and vitality I had before these stupid prescribed meds were brought into the picture.

We will all heal! In the meantime, way to go on the cards! Baby steps!

I feel for you. I felt like you in January. I felt like if I could just make myself a protein shake in the blender or drive to the store it was a huge accomplishment! Luckily I have mostly been much better since about April, slowly being able to do more things.

Lately because of some serious life stress, I am having more trouble doing basic things. I know that someday very soon your condition will improve.

It sucks not being able to do what you love. I used to be so fit and athletic. I have barely worked out at all in a year. I dream of being able to have the stamina and vitality I had before these stupid prescribed meds were brought into the picture.

We will all heal! In the meantime, way to go on the cards! Baby steps!

Linnie,

It is such a struggle.  I used to go out all the time.  The desire is there, but everything else says NO.  It's so frustrating...... 

Good to hear you have had improvement.  Improvement is improvement no matter how big or small.  I can't say I was ever in good shape or fit like you.  But, I'm sure you will regain all those things and more.

Thank you for the encouragement.

We All Heal.....