Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Where have all the people gone...?

[bl...]

I have been going back and reading some old posts from 2009+ and I see a lot of names that I don't recognize from current posts.  I'm hoping that means that they have healed and gone back to their lives, which would be a great encouragement for those of us who are still suffering.  Does anyone know?

I have been going back and reading some old posts from 2009+ and I see a lot of names that I don't recognize from current posts.  I'm hoping that means that they have healed and gone back to their lives, which would be a great encouragement for those of us who are still suffering.  Does anyone know?

People leave for all sorts of reasons ... but I am sure many will have healed and have moved on with their lives.  Some will decide to reinstate ... others will try other types of medication ...  I know some who have done these things.     

well if you heal, you move on with life. w/d is hard for many, and i'm sure benzobuddies can bring those memories. most people here have still some issues and usually most active till they recover.

it would be good if most leave a success story, but i'm sure many just forget and move on.

Hi,  A lot have gone to the protracted page and some of us are still here ..not healed fully but healed a lot ...Sleepless and Blessed are not healed yet ..we don't write much but still come here the same..healing is long I know and even though sometimes it feels like we are healed ..a wave comes crashing in and they can last for weeks so i guess that the two years is more like it than a year ...hope everyone has a better day or night ...Love Tass x

I believe and I have actually seen that people leave the site for different reasons. One good reason to leave is that it is no longer needed and they are healed. Sometimes people just get burned out on it. I started out posting like crazy and posted on almost every topic. If I did not have the symptoms I told them that and encouraged them. That stopped and I moved to only ones I can associate with. Some days I only associate with a few and none. I have seen a lot of people come and go as well, people who posted like crazy on one week and were totally gone the next. I think if you heal you should write your success story but most people never do.

I hit a big wall in my WD around 12-13 months. I got wore down after a year of WD because I was still feeling really cruddy and had thought by at least a year I'd be laughing and loving life, but it didn't happen. Then one day I too went into the archives back to 2013 to read about those who came before me. As I was reading I noticed that all the buddies I was reading about were not familiar names to me and I came to the conclusion that they must of left this site and moved on with their lives. At first it made me sad(WD symptom- screwy emotions) that they were gone, then I realized that they were gone because they were better and healed. Then that really lifted my spirits because I had found real evidence that we do heal and go on and live our lives again!

That turned things around for me as I started looking at my situation in a more positive way, hey, we're all gonna heal and move on too in the not so distant future! This ordeal has an end date!

Once I finished my taper I wrote my success story then dropped off this forum. I didn't want to be reminded of the tough times and felt ready to move on. I think that's how a lot of people are.

However, I came back to post at my 6 month and one year anniversaries and have been coming back almost daily since then. Even though I don't suffer from withdrawal I still struggle with mild anxiety and depression that I think are just part of my make-up. I find these forums to be enlightening and it's good to occasionally help people who are struggling and to get tips on how to move forward in life. I often wonder if this is the right place since it is so focused on the medication, not really anxiety and depression by themselves. But whatever, it's a good community with a shared goal to get off and stay off benzos.

I joined in 2011 and still post from time to time.  I think some people don't write success stories once they are healed and they just quietly leave the forum.

Speaking for myself, I still blog almost daily but I don't visit the forums because I got to a point where most of my questions about my experience were answered, or I didn't want to know the answer, or I just didn't want to remind myself of what I went through.

I think most people recover and move on. That's what I plan to do. Once I'm truly 100% healed, I'm going to have my hands full with my new and improved life.  :)

It's funny you ask this question, because I was just skimming here to see if I recognized any names.

I was on here a lot 3-4 years ago.  Just popped in randomly to see how the community is doing.  I am healed. Took about 18 months but I don't deal with withdrawal any more.  GOOD LUCK!

• 2 years later...

IMO, most everybody heals and goes on with their lives. I still scan a few threads, but basically I got better and moved on.

Bart

Hello! Bart, how are you doing? What are the remaining symptoms? Would you say you're 100%?

I peak here rarely. I feel mostly healed, but anxiety obviously keeps popping in. but no more benzo waves. just trying to deal with life stressors.

there came a point where I was done learning anything anymore here, and also did not want to get reminded about all of this.

life moves on, and has its own challenges. it has been 3 years now. I feel constantly around 90-95%. i am not sure what 100% is, since I delt with anxiety prior to this. i think i am back to it.

I still try to improve/tweak diet, natural health, exercise etc and this is learning in process.

basically trying to figure out how to reduce the pre-benzo anxiety and live a more balanced life.

God bless all of you

• 1 month later...
[cc...]

Glad to know you are hanging in there and showing healing.  It does help to know that it gets better.  Please keep us updated.

B