Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Taper schedule for 5% micro taper helph

[Rh...]

Hello, I'm looking for someone to help or, what would be the best, do a 5% month taper plan using 2 mg pills to dissolve in water or whole milk. I'm at 5 mg's now and want to take 4 or 4-1/2 mg's in sold pill and dissolve 1/2 mg or 1 mg and titrat down from there.  I have tried to do a 10% a month taper and it's too fast (I also metabolize Valium at a rapid rate, in which genetics studies told me).  I'm using Valium 2 mg pills now.

Also what supplies will I need?  I have 10 ml syringes and can get smaller ones as well.  Also I know I need a graduated cylinder of 100 mL's or more?

Thanks!!!

1) Milk will work, water won't.

2) A daily taper will always be more tolerable than a C&H taper.

3) You don't really need a graduated cylinder, but it would be helpful.  You probably also want a 1ml syringe too.

5mg X 5% = .25mg

.25mg/30 days = .0083mg/day (lets round down to .008)

Dissolve a 2mg pill in 200ml milk.  (1mg=100ml)

4mg tablets + 100ml = 5mg

4mg tablets + 99.2ml = 4.992mg

4mg tablets + 98.4ml = 4.984mg

4mg tablets + 97.6ml = 4.976mg

etc. 

Your dose each day will always be the previous day dose minus .008mg

[ac...]

Hello, I'm looking for someone to help or, what would be the best, do a 5% month taper plan using 2 mg pills to dissolve in water or whole milk. I'm at 5 mg's now and want to take 4 or 4-1/2 mg's in sold pill and dissolve 1/2 mg or 1 mg and titrat down from there.  I have tried to do a 10% a month taper and it's too fast (I also metabolize Valium at a rapid rate, in which genetics studies told me).  I'm using Valium 2 mg pills now.

Also what supplies will I need?  I have 10 ml syringes and can get smaller ones as well.  Also I know I need a graduated cylinder of 100 mL's or more?

Thanks!!!

As someone else said don't use water diazpam is not solved in water only alcohol and fat milk.

When I did my liquid I put the pill in alcohol. I don't trust that milk will be as good as alcohol!  I did 1 mg in 1 mg of alcohol and then took the rest in milk I would have take 99 ml of milk  and my 1 ml of solved diazepam with alcohol. The pill is solved very quick in alcohol. And shake it when you put them togheter.

[ac...]

5mg X 5% = .25mg

Dissolve a 2mg pill in 200ml milk.  (1mg=100ml)

4mg tablets + 99.96ml = 4.9996mg

4mg tablets + 99.16ml = 4.9916mg

4mg tablets + 98,36ml = 4.9836mg

etc. 

Sry why take a 2 mg tablet in 200 ml when you only need 1 mg in 100 ml? 1 mg/100 ml. You have to toss away 100 ml or  save it to next day. I think it is better to make the liquid the same day. 2 mg can cuts in half...

And isn't .008 ml from 100 ml 99.92 ~ 99.9 ml

100 ml -.008= 99.992 ml

Correct me if I am wrong 😉

5mg X 5% = .25mg

Dissolve a 1mg pill in 100ml milk.  (1mg=100ml)

4mg tablets + 99.92ml = 4.992mg

4mg tablets + 98.4ml = 4.984mg

4mg tablets + 97.6ml = 4.976mg

etc. 

Sry why take a 2 mg tablet in 200 ml when you only need 1 mg in 100 ml? 1 mg/100 ml. You have to toss away 100 ml or  save it to next day. I think it is better to make the liquid the same day. 2 mg can cuts in half...

And isn't .008 ml from 100 ml 99.92 ~ 99.9 ml

100 ml -.008= 99.992 ml

Correct me if I am wrong 😉

I changed my mix instruction and corrected my dose schedule.

You don't need to "toss" anything.  But if you really want to make a fresh batch each day, and use the "toss" method, that's OK.  Use 1mg + 100ml milk and everything else will be the same.  Be sure to use the 2 half tablets for consecutive days.

Your daily dose will still be the previous dose minus .008mg.

Ok, thanks for all the help...now I found out I rapidly metabolize Valium so my doctor is switching me to Librium.  I feel like a test rat! He wants me to "stabilize" then do a slow taper.  From what I e read, Librium only come in 5 mg tabs so I'll have to liquid titration it.  I guess it's the same method?

Again, thanks for help!

You might want to question the doctor on how librium will be any different. L and V are very similar drugs as they share metabolites. Depending on which benzos you metabolize quickly L may not be any different.

• 2 weeks later...

I did ask him why the switch to Librium as I too read that Librium metabolizes into diazepam and he said it is metabolized with different pathways???  He's very into genetics and I had a whole medication genetics testing done and on the list it says Librium is ok?  I am confused as well, but pretty desperate to get off.  I meet with him again in a few weeks and hopefully can start a taper???

The switch went well and because Librium only comes in 5, 10 and bigger capsules, I did have a slight up dose from 5 mgs V to 15 mgs L which I also understand is approx a 2-1/2 mg increase.

I'm looking for a new taper plan for the L.  10% a month taper from 15 mgs.  Also read Librium is ok to use water???

I'm glad the switch went well, and I think a slight updose is probably a good thing to do when switching.

I'm not sure what to think with L.  There have been past members who used plain water and it supposedly dissolves, yet I found what I think is reliable data saying L is not much more soluble than the other benzos in water, which is not much at all.  If you error on the side of caution and treat it like the other benzos you'll be playing it safe.  First dissolve in a little PG or alcohol, then dilute with water.  There was a past member named Oscar who used plain water I'm pretty sure.  You could look him up.

As for the taper, 10% of 15mg is 1.5mg, so that would be a .05mg daily cut.

Thanks for the info...I'll also look Oscar up.

So .05 a day is what I would subtract each day from the previous amount.  I would use a 100 ml cylinder with 1 ml increments...I'm sorry my math is not good normally and then being kinda spicy isn't good on top of it all!!!  Lol

thsnks-  Rach

So I need to convert this to mL's for liquid micro taper.  How do I do that?  I've asked for help on a daily micro taper schedule but no one has replied and I don't know if I did it in the right place???

I dose only twice right now.  1-1/2 my dose at 10 a.m. & 1-1/2 at 10 p.m.  I just open one capsule and split it in half (as best I can) and put it into two empty capsules, which I purchased at a local pharmacy.

Rach

When I make water-based liquid I like to keep the strength very weak - no higher than .01mg/ml (because I think a lot of water is needed to keep the benzo dissolved), so for you I would dissolve 5mg L with 10ml alcohol, then dilute with 490ml water.  This is a lot of liquid due to the high 5mg of L.  Then take the other two capsules dry as is.  So each dose becomes...

10am - 5mg dry+2.5mg (250ml) wet

10pm - same

Ok.  Wow, so towards the end I'll be pulling a lot out.  Do u happen to know if there is a place where I can get a spreadsheet?  I've seen them on YouTube and others have talked about them...

Sorry, so many questions!