Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What Causes Severe Emotional Blunting and DP/DR

[Tr...]

Does anyone know what causes emotional blunting, and dp/dr?  I feel so detached from myself, and just so removed from everything and everyone. 

[ff...]

DR/DP I had have them during my CT and way to quick w/d. Now I taper slowly and have no problem with this. Cause? I don't really know but I guess it because of the stress you put your brain into when going CT or taper way to big or quick..Your brains chemicals doesn't work as the should. Like serotonin, noradrenaline and dopamine. GABA becomes in a stress not having the drug any more. Benzo is a drug that trigger GABA and then it stops. Over activity. This can last for a long time, never go CT. I had to up dose and start over. And almost go back to my dose I had from the beginning...Even though you don't have benzo in your body/blood your brain hasn't adjust and is in w/d and your body is in abstinence.

Feel lack of emotions  is common. Many benzo cause depression. I have now start to feel emotions instead. Cry a lot. I have been blocked from feelings and now it caught up on me. 4 years of hidden feelings. I guess serotonin is a part of this and dopamine

Does anyone know what causes emotional blunting, and dp/dr?  I feel so detached from myself, and just so removed from everything and everyone.

I wish I knew. Those are my remaining symptoms three years out. The emotional blunting for me is the worst.

It is very hard.  I feel too much of the bad emotions.  But, the happy emotions just aren't there.  It's awful.

I don't feel bad or good one...nothing, absolutely flat.

I'm not sure what I feel anymore.  All I did yesterday was cry.  I miss feeling like ME.  I feel there is a lack of connection with my brain and that I'm not connected to myself.  I feel like I'm souless and empty.  Not sure what it is.

I just want to go back to how I felt even 4 months ago.  I was present and connected.  Much more functional, less fear, and a entirely different person. 

I wonder if people are able to work in this constant state of detachment.  Bills don't wait for healing.