Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

cortisol surges/anxiety does it ever end????

[mo...]

I was having 2 days windows now back to 1 day. when is this going to end?  I am 3 1/2 months out and this is horrific!!! only been on  benzo  including tapering for 1 week less than a year.

I'm sorry you are suffering those awful adrenaline surges Momack.  They can be scary and debilitating.  I had them daily when I was 3-4 months out.  Now I am 16 months out and I still have them but a whole lot less frequently and they're not nearly so bad as they were in acute.  They don't interrupt my daily life anymore.  You are pretty early in the game and things will get better and better with time.  Hang on, you will get there.

:smitten:

She

I am free of them now after I took ashwagandha for about a month (it is supposed to help control cortisol). I'm not recommending anyone try it (and I no longer take it) but it did help me with that symptom.

I am free of them now after I took ashwagandha for about a month (it is supposed to help control cortisol). I'm not recommending anyone try it (and I no longer take it) but it did help me with that symptom.

That's interesting. 

They say Vitamin C helps reduce the Cortisol. You can start out on about 3000 MG per day and work you way up to anywhere around 8000 to 10,000 MG per day. If it starts giving you diarrhea back off until it subsides. You can try it and see if it helps.

Momack,

Rather than take supplements that may effect your CNS negatively, you could ride out this ugly symptom, as hard as it is, until it resolves itself.  Mine finally resolved and I had it a very long time.

Sofa

I jumped more or less the same time as you. (after 38 years lol)

I don't have surges anymore - and believe me I had em non-stop, day/night, endlessly, relentlessly.

I took a big interest in food - and I'm putting the gradual positive change down to this. There are two things about food, I reckon, in this context; undereating and regularity.

My middle-of-the-night-panicky-wake-ups ended when I began having a pre-bed snack of one small banana and a glass of whole milk. (other things can be substituted).

And I added an extra small "meal" in the late afternoon, changing my 'policy' to one where I was "eating before I felt any need to". This changed everything significantly. No more "cold from the inside", no more cold hands and feet, no more gut-churning; feeling far more substantial in myself and, importantly, fewer and a fairly rapid (24 hours) end to episodes of adrenaline etc.

Well worth googling "Under-eating symptoms" :)

Hope you can make use of this; one way or another, the whole thing fades out gradually.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: