Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

body moving

[Ma...]

HI .

does anyone else struggle with swaying of their body;;;;; when standing. sitting ..  I have it badly since my ct 10 months ago off Klonopin.. everyday I pray for mercy............................................ Idk what happened to my poor brain from this drug... I was in great shape before ... as I exercised all my life and was healthy. etc.... now !@ age 57.. I feel so defeated.. from this drug use given for anxiety.. unreal.... someone should be aware of what it is doing to people 's lives.

HI .

does anyone else struggle with swaying of their body;;;;; when standing. sitting ..  I have it badly since my ct 10 months ago off Klonopin.. everyday I pray for mercy............................................ Idk what happened to my poor brain from this drug... I was in great shape before ... as I exercised all my life and was healthy. etc.... now !@ age 57.. I feel so defeated.. from this drug use given for anxiety.. unreal.... someone should be aware of what it is doing to people 's lives.

Yeah, I have this. I didn't CT as CT isn't recommended for several reasons, but being as it's been 10 months since you stopped, this is a classic WD sx. I have this in two 'different' ways. My right side is pretty badly affected, and I 'flop' over onto my right side even when I am sat down. The other form of this swaying thing is the particularly nasty result of a mix of no sleep, my other issues playing up and my WD sxs. It's where I can't stand up at all, start seeing 'stars' and darkness, and if I don't sit down quickly once I get this, I'll land up collapsing. For me this is not 100% Benzo WD related as I had it on occasions before, related to my 'unidentified condition', but Benzo WD has made it 100 times worse.

I am trying some basic balance exercises to try and correct my 'flopping' issue. This includes trying to stand on one foot for around 5 seconds per foot, and putting a few objects in a straight line and trying to walk along them in a straight line, like a cop doing a roadside drunk test lol. Sounds silly, but it is helping a tiny bit as I do stagger everywhere and fall into things. You can find all sorts of balance exercises online too. It reminds me sometimes of when I had an attack of Labrynthitis from an ear infection after a cold. If this sx is particularly troublesome it may be worth getting your ears checked by your doctor, as inner ear inflammation and infection can also worsen this.

thank you for your kind response... I hope we get better soon.... I actually feel a force pushing me forward when I am  sitting up .... .. and if I sit still it takes alot of energy to fight against it and sit up straight otherwise I just drop forward ilke an old person........ ugh...... so this is classic????? not many people speak of it.............. I have tried the balance exercises too;;;;;; they help a little....... I also have bad head pressure etc............. this is werid..... like a force is pushing me . .......

have a good day .

annette

Hi MarieElla, when I went through my first two tapers, I had this feeling really bad, especially when I was down far in dosage, it was like, I would be walking and my head was being pulled backwards, sometimes it felt like almost to the floor, and when I sat in a chair I was hunched over like a very old lady, and I could not straighten up.

I had to reinstate twice because of an impending Stroke, it was my life or the Stroke, so this is my third taper, it is like night and day and I am going slower and just having blips, but I will never forget that feeling of being pulled backward and forward, and it was like a little death, hope you get better soon. :)

Hi MarieElla, when I went through my first two tapers, I had this feeling really bad, especially when I was down far in dosage, it was like, I would be walking and my head was being pulled backwards, sometimes it felt like almost to the floor, and when I sat in a chair I was hunched over like a very old lady, and I could not straighten up.

I had to reinstate twice because of an impending Stroke, it was my life or the Stroke, so this is my third taper, it is like night and day and I am going slower and just having blips, but I will never forget that feeling of being pulled backward and forward, and it was like a little death, hope you get better soon. :)

How did you know you were nearing an impending stroke?

Hi,Trying, because I lost all feeling on my left side, and could not speak and had a terrible headache I was transported two different times to ER and kept for a number of days and they got my B/P down, and the Doctor advised me that I had gone too fast and cut too much and that if I wanted to recover, I would have to reinstate, and I am telling you this was from stress to my body, it was not an w/d problem, and so I did, and that is how I knew, with rest and a change of medication for my B/P I have been fine since, but it was really scary. Life changing in fact.