Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Belly?

[be...]

Starting month 5 today. What can I do for my painful, bloated, growing belly? I take probiotics AM, Metamucil at night. Have a normal BM but bloated distended. How do we calm this down? Any success out there? HELP

I still struggle with this and during acute withdrawal my belly would distend so quickly and painfully that it looked like I was pregnant.

Gas X is an anti-bloating medicine that helped me some as well as Zantac since the bloating causes me to have heartburn as well.

Strict diet change is one of the only ways to address it and what can trigger the bloating may not be foods you expect. I've had to cut out any spice, simple carbs, diary, some vegetables, yogurt..

I had limited to no success with probiotics.  The only things that helped were Gas X, the caplets, if the gas/bloat was in my stomach.  If the discomfort was further along I used CharcoCaps, but be careful with these as they can stop you up.  The safest thing was ginger/fennel tea, homemade, easy to do and you can drink as much as you want.  Don't use artificial sweeteners.  Later I found some help with digestive enzymes that I still use as one cap per meal and sometimes less.  There are also some yoga routines to help with getting the gas out.