Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Gemini 20 Scale won't calibrate....neither will new one I just received

[ga...]

I have been using a Gemini 20 scale for over a month, but it fails to calibrate accurately all of a sudden.  I ordered a new one from Amazon and it arrived yesterday.  It won't calibrate, either.  Has anyone else had this problem?  They are both off by .008 or more grams.  Is there another scale that is more reliable? 

[0f...]
I've been through a few scales myself because of your problem. I've read people using a jewlerrs scale. I hope someone comes along with a better answer, because I'm curious too.....

I have never calibrated my Gemini.  I notice that if I weigh something twice, it may not weigh the same each time. I just try to get close to what I'm expecting.

I have never calibrated my Gemini.  I notice that if I weigh something twice, it may not weigh the same each time. I just try to get close to what I'm expecting.

This is what I did as well, when I tapered off citalopram.

Megan,

You tapered off of citalopram after how many years use?  I'm so scared that lexapro has made me depressed and I'll never be not depressed again if I taper off.  I've read such awful things about SSRI causing permanent depression.

I had my  share of troubles using that scale. Every time I put a new pill on it before I did it I would just press the TARE button. Even then I would get different weights. Try to keep the pill  exactly centered in the tray. Take the closest weight, put it in a baggie, and mark the dose on it. Even if the dose is too low save it because you'll eventually have to use it . Don't re weigh it as it will read differently again. That's why so many ppl on KK used to say, I HATE MY SCALE!!! :laugh:

Betsy 👍🏿

Megan,

You tapered off of citalopram after how many years use?  I'm so scared that lexapro has made me depressed and I'll never be not depressed again if I taper off.  I've read such awful things about SSRI causing permanent depression.

About 6 years, but I'd been on other a/d's before that. It did seem to help my depression, but it made me gain a log of weight.  That was by far the worst thing about it for me.

Megan,

Sorry to write you here, but not sure how else to contact you.  Did going off the AD make you feel worse?  I didn't have depression when put on them. I had a sleep disorder and ADHD symptoms so it was considered depression and I accepted the diagnosis.  All the SSRI's have done may have been to curb some impulsivity (nothing dangerous!) and give side effects and now, keep me from withdrawal symptoms such as rapid cycling of anger, fear, sadness and then anxiety.  The last time I tried to come off of Lexapro, I would hit myself in the head, cry, get angry, and then just be anxious and cry.  Later I'd feel that my head hurt and I would ask why, and my husband told me I hit myself. I'd forget each time.  I'm so scared of coming off of it.

I don't have any input on scales (never used one), but just wanted to say I'm glad to hear you are still plugging away, and hopefully things are going okay? or at least bearable?