Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

7 weeks off Xanax Detox help!

[Ma...]

I'm 7 weeks off now and my symptoms are still horrible and might be even worse than when I went into the hospital! The worst is complete confusion, disorientation, the severe head pressure, numbness, tingling, burning, head in a vice, feels like someone has taking a corkscrew and shoved it in my brain and keeps turning it, fear, terror, anxiety, horrible evil intrusive thoughts, DP/DR is still horrid, I don't know what to do but it all seems to be getting worse and not better!                                          On top of that the hospital put me on resperdal and Zoloft while I was there and I'm completely off the resperdal now and have been for a week but I'm up to 100mg of the Zoloft and I can't tell if it is making it worse or doing anything at all? This is our misery everyday with no end in sight and I feel like I'm just as bad now as when I went into the hospital! When will this end? What causes the physical symptoms in my brain and when will they go away? Is it smart to try and taper off the Zoloft now as it doesn't seem to be helping or wait it out? I feel psycho in my thoughts and the physical symptoms in my brain are misery and torture!

Maize,

I've experienced all of the symptoms that you're experiencing, and they are horrible.  I'm so sorry that you're feeling so bad.

I also did a 2 week CT, and it was much, much, much too fast.  By the time that I reinstated, it was too late.

I wish I would have known about this:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Your Zoloft will take a few weeks to kick in, and you should see a difference in 6-8 weeks.

The symptoms are your brain's GABA receptors waking up.  And they are not happy.

Keep pushing through!

ty

Yeah I'm at almost 8 weeks off now and it is miserable and very scary! I try to lay down and watch a movie and all I get is this numb blank confused evil cloud all around me and I can't even focus on what I'm doing! I don't even know where I am half the time and I feel like I'm losing all since of reality! When I stand up to walk I feel like I'm going to fall over and pass out and when I have to drive it's very scary and I have to constantly go on this little bit of me that's left deep down inside but I tread it everytime! This is horrid I feel like I'm going psycho or going to die it's miserable!

Maize,

I did a 5 day C/T detox off Xanax and I'm convinced that was a huge mistake.  I am currently 8 months benzo free and still suffering with extreme anxiety.  I have periods of windows (mostly symptoms free) and waves (intense symptoms).  I believe I still have a long way to go.  I've been told that I probably won't see significant improvement until the 12-18 month timeframe.

Yeah the suffering never ends and it's complete torture and misery! I had no choice to go to the hospital as I was unable to get down past .75mg on my own before it got so severe my family forced me to go! I've been told so many things that acute could last 4-6 weeks and now 2-4 months but as I no I'm at 2 months and not even out of acute yet I'm losing hope more and more everyday it's just miserable scary and hopeless!