Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

7 weeks off Xanax CT Detox! Severe head pressure, pain, numbness, burning!

[Ma...]

7 weeks off Xanax from a cold turkey Detox in the hospital and one of the most severe symptoms of the many I have is so very scary and horrible I feel like I'm gonna die! Along with the many symptoms I have the worst by far physically is severe numbness above my eyes in my forehead and it goes to the middle to the back of my head and neck! Massive amounts of pressure and pain that goes all over my head and shoots down into my ears and the back of my neck! Extreme burning and tingling and a numb dull pain 24/7! When I try to lift my eyes it's all numb on my forehead and when I tense my head in anyway it's like a wave of vibrations and numbness all throughout my brain! I have to hold my head up all the time and toss and turn at night because of all the pressure and pain! I'm 7 weeks off and it's actually gotten worse over the last few days and not better! This along with all the other symptoms are pure torture and very scary! What causes this? When will it go away? Am I in danger of still having seizures? I feel like I'm gonna die!

At 7 weeks off you would not be in danger of seizures, but unfortunately, the other symptoms you mention are normal for many of us after a benzo cold turkey.  After my 2009 c/t, I had severe head pressure, pain, cog fog, anxiety, depression, "minor" hallucinations, severe insomnia, electrical current feelings all over my body, head zaps, and many other symptoms both physical and mental.  At less than two months off, you're still in the acute withdrawal phase, and I hope it gets better soon for you.  People DO heal from this, we have many here who've cold turkeyed and healed.  How long this will take can't be predicted in advance, though.

You're NOT going to die, and these symptoms are temporary and they will go away in time.  Time is the healer.

:smitten: