Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

From Curiosity Aroused: "The 12 Most Dangerous Drugs in America"

[La...]

I would add fentanil and carfentanil to this list, since these opioids are killing people at an alarming rate here in Canada and elsewhere. They don't clarify that benzodiazepines are a class of drugs or give any examples of the most common ones, but at least they mention the potential seriousness of the withdrawal from them.

They don't cite the information source for this list, so bear that in mind when you're reading it.

http://www.curiosityaroused.com/health/the-12-most-dangerous-drugs-in-america/ 

[d7...]

A very conventional list. Missing a lot. All of the psych drugs are dangerous. Also the sleep drugs (Z drugs). Also there's a class of antibiotics including Cipro that are very dangerous.

Read "Anatomy of an Epidemic".

It's not stated at the top or anything, but perhaps they're referring to how deadly the drugs are. Obviously, depending on the person and the situation, just about any drug can be dangerous.

Sad, and not surprising to see solvents on the list.

I was a counselor at a detox and had a few clients that were huffers.

They always scared me, just empty shells of human beings.  It's just really awful the abuse a body can take but still keep ticking.

Thanks Lapis.

Actually, I was surprised to see it on the list.....until I read the blurb. I thought solvents were for other purposes, but that's just because I'm naive. Agreed, Chinookwind. It's very sad for me to think about "huffing" (a new word for me), but I guess for you -- having seen people who have done it -- it hits close to home.