Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Klonopin taper question

[bb...]

Hey guys! This is my third time on K and getting ready to taper. My question is, since I have only been on 4 months so far this time, do I still go 10% or less every 7-10 days? I have been at this dose once before and it took me 14 months to taper. It was doable. Do you think that's the correct way to do it? I just hate that it will take so long. This dosage is really bringing me down - i.e. depressed and sad. Your responses are truly welcomed! Please give me your opinions. Thanks.

So this is my third and last taper attempt from K and all I can say is that it gets worse every time. I'm not trying to be negative, just similar experience and this is mine. What I've learned is the slower I go the easier it is on me. I'm 10 months in and I know I'm just so ready to be off. Best of luck.

That may be a bit quick. The recommended reduction rate is 5 to 10 percent every two weeks.  Klonopin has a pretty long half life so it can sometimes take a week or so to feel the full effects of a cut. Also, subsequent withdrawals can sometimes be more difficult than the previous withdrawal as a result of "kindling".

to Benzos are cruel question, because I was on this med for only 4 weeks would the 5 to 10% cut every two weeks still apply or should I try cutting sooner? I cannot tell You just how bad this clonazepam is beating me down into the ground. I have pre existing depression plus Im 63.

I want to do it safe but it is literally killing Me each day.

to Benzos are cruel question, because I was on this med for only 4 weeks would the 5 to 10% cut every two weeks still apply or should I try cutting sooner? I cannot tell You just how bad this clonazepam is beating me down into the ground. I have pre existing depression plus Im 63.

I want to do it safe but it is literally killing Me each day.

If you have only been on k for 4 weeks I would just get off it ASAP. That's just my opinion. Why prolong it. You may have some symptoms but I would just tough it out.

So this is my third and last taper attempt from K and all I can say is that it gets worse every time. I'm not trying to be negative, just similar experience and this is mine. What I've learned is the slower I go the easier it is on me. I'm 10 months in and I know I'm just so ready to be off. Best of luck.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: