Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Holiday flashbacks

[Kl...]

It's a hard time for us. Especially the holidays when we feel so sick. When I hear songs that remind me of days I wasn't sick I get so emotional. It's almost like I can see everything from my past playing out in front of me. Does this happen to anyone else? Love K

I hear you K.  Last year the holidays were very traumatic for me.  I had planned to fly to family for Thanksgiving and again at Christmas.  But I became so very ill from withdrawal that I was bedbound and housebound and unable to fly.  Everyone was so disappointed, especially my 5 precious grandchildren who had been so excited to have Grandma and Grandpa there on Christmas morning.

But look at me this year.  I have already flown 1000 miles and spent a week with family at Thanksgiving.  It went fine and I coped far better than I thought I would.  I will fly 3000 miles again to make it up to those grandchildren this year.  I will be there to see their excitement early Christmas morning.  I am not well by a long shot, but I am much better and able to enjoy the holidays this year.  And I expect it to be even better next year.

Its hard when we see the seasons and holidays pass and we can't take part because of our suffering.  But this will not be our life forever.  We have to have hope!  I have made great progress this past year and you will too.  We will all get there again.

:smitten:

She

I know I am not as sick as I was this time last year, but I am exhausted and very "Bah Humbug"  I just don't care about the holidays with all the work and no sugar, booze or caffeine.  I'm wondering if this is me or I am still in w/d.  WBB

I know I am not as sick as I was this time last year, but I am exhausted and very "Bah Humbug"  I just don't care about the holidays with all the work and not sugar, booze or caffeine.  I'm wondering if this is me or I am still in w/d.  WBB

I don't drink. However I'd give anything to feel good enough to be with my family on Christmas. I think I'll be at the beach instead.