Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Intermittent use CT for 7 weeks- 17 days out - advice pls

[mo...]

Hey everyone,

Hopefully you can see from my signature what I was using, but basically .5mg or .25 Clonazepam twice a week for about three weeks, 9-10 day break, then .25 twice a week for another 2 weeks, then once a week for another 2 weeks (6-7 days apart).

I never had any W/D symptoms in between doses but as soon as I took my last dose I decided I didn't need them any more. < 24 hours later I started to get muscle twitches in my legs and arms and occasional pins and needles.  Then after a few more days upset stomach, then one night of insomnia. Since 7 days post just twitching and lightheaded/dizzy feeling. No insomnia at all, sleeping really well. Not really any anxiety except about feeling dizzy and twitchy! No mental symptoms.

Seems like some of those symptoms came on pretty fast to be W/D ? Is it likely my W/D has peaked by now ?

[20...]

Given your history, it's likely that you'll have only a mild and fairly short withdrawal.

fwiw - if I skipped my dose for even one day, I'd have bad insomnia and would be in bad shape the following day.  So it seems like you may have gotten away from these pills in time to avoid a lengthy withdrawal.

right now you are in the acute phase of withdrawal. this is when symptoms are their very worst. Your symptoms sound fairly mild so I am hoping that your symptoms will be fairly short lived like your use. Because of something called kindling I encourage you not to reinstate again. It could be much tougher next time around.