Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ear symptoms still at 21 months off!

[...]

I will list my ear symptoms  .Does anyone have these symptoms still after a long time? If you did , how long did it take to go away.

1)Extreme ear pressure

2)Ear clicking sound

3)Burning sensation in ear

4)Feels like something crawling in my ears

5) Vertigo horrible

6)Off balanced and rocking sensation

[86...]

Hi Aec,

I still have the ringing in my ears and about 3 months ago I have the clicking.  I have no doubt that it is from the benzo, I am assuming it will go away.

I have moments of dizziness but not to bad. My tinnitus seems to be very loud lately with "tones"

I feel creepy crawlies in my ears and I do have the ear pressure, most of these symptoms are ramped up in the last few months.

The clicking is a new one, I don't remember having this while I was tapering.

I have ringing in my ears that comes and goes. Occasionally I get a little off balance. I had some wine last weekend and that was a mistake. 24 hrs later I got the shakes and muscle tightness that lasted for about an hour. For the next 48 hours I experienced some mild panic attacks and jaw pain. One thing I haven't experienced is clicking in my ears. Ear pressure was one of my earlier symptoms but has disappeared. I'm finding out that it isn't rare to have symptoms 2 years out. I'm a whole lot better but not quite symptom free.

Hi Aec,

I still have the ringing in my ears and about 3 months ago I have the clicking.  I have no doubt that it is from the benzo, I am assuming it will go away.

I have moments of dizziness but not to bad. My tinnitus seems to be very loud lately with "tones"

I feel creepy crawlies in my ears and I do have the ear pressure, most of these symptoms are ramped up in the last few months.

Hi Kay2020,

I hope it does go away for both of us, very soon.

The clicking is a new one, I don't remember having this while I was tapering.

I have ringing in my ears that comes and goes. Occasionally I get a little off balance. I had some wine last weekend and that was a mistake. 24 hrs later I got the shakes and muscle tightness that lasted for about an hour. For the next 48 hours I experienced some mild panic attacks and jaw pain. One thing I haven't experienced is clicking in my ears. Ear pressure was one of my earlier symptoms but has disappeared. I'm finding out that it isn't rare to have symptoms 2 years out. I'm a whole lot better but not quite symptom free.

I read some people gave symptoms even longer than 2 years but, we all heal at different times.