Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

HAS ANYONE TAPERED FROM LIBRIUM ?

[ho...]

Hi guys. I am Currently on 30mg valium per day. I was thinking of switching to Librium for a taper. I have had a course of Librium before for alcohol withdrawal. Has anyone any experience of a Librium taper and was it easier than valium. Also did anyone succeed?  I read in the ashton manual there is a taper plan for Librium. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

hopefulscot.

L and V are very similar drugs as they share metabolites.  L can be a bit more difficult to deal with in that it does not come in convenient pills for tapering, whereas V is the most common tapering drug and people usually switch to it from other drugs.  Unless there is a compelling reason, I would remain on V.

I would not think there would be any difference.  L is weaker, but you'd take more to get the equivalent amount to V.  To substitute for 30mg V you'd take 75mg L.