Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Almost 1 year benzo free

[Ja...]

Hello:)

So i feel obliged to return and give an update to where I'm at today,I did write a success story at 2 months benzo free,now I wasn't entirely healed at that stage,but I was definitely over the worst of the physical and mental symptoms,however where I'm at today is so much better than I ever was before I wasted years on Xanax,everyone that's gone through this knows it's a very unforgiving withdrawal,unforgiving in the sence that there's no rescue remedy,it's unpredictable,it's just frigging hell on earth,and your life is pretty much turned upside down,all simple pleasures and joy are out the window,if you're a confident happy person ,who tends to see the glass half full,well while in withdrawal you won't be,I was paranoid,I was suicidal,my confidence was shattered,still working on regaining it,but getting there,everyday was doom and gloom,if you're  reading this you must likely "get it"I can gladly say that today I am 100% healed,100% hopeful and excited about the future,my energy levels are through the roof,I just got home after running 8 miles ,I work out everyday and love every second of it,I got a new bed and couch ,kinda could barely afford to ,but my old ones smelled like benzo withdrawal ,I pretty much rearranged my whole apartment,it's such a reflection of the happier person that I am today 😊,when you get through this experience ,everything seems easier ,sometime I see people getting overly stressed about things and I laugh inside knowing that I can never really take life too seriously anymore ,and that's meant in the good way!!i love life ,I'm learning to love me again,I've started dating again,it's all part of rebuilding my character ,I lost myself while on Xanax ,I lost myself even more in withdrawal ,now I'm enjoying every moment of getting to know myself again,I kinda like me ,I have so much more to offer the world now,this ends ,all this ends and gets better,you're gonna get good,it's like me you will get through this,😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Braavo, Jaames!!!  That's fantastic!  Thanks for posting your story.  I couldn't be more happy for you!  I wish you every possible joy in the world!

Freida

Jaames,

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well.  I've been wondering about you.  Thanks for helping me get through some rough times.  I'm still struggling at 9 months, but hoping for better days ahead.

iwsth