Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My life of spinning

[ei...]

I have been on 6mg Ativan and 10mg Valium for over 10 years.  I'm on such high dosage because I also have chronic malabsorption from gangrene and removal of most of my small intestines and some of the large.

Long story short: The DEA came into our small town because the pharmacies couldn't keep up with the amount of controlled substances that were being filled each month. Three doctors out of practice, one moved away and mine is trying to get rid of her liability patients like me. So from last July 2015 to now I have been cut down to 5mg Valium.  It has been a year of being bedridden due to constant vertigo.

I am at the point where I need to split the 5mg into 3 doses as nothing stays in my system long enough to benefit and I'm having shakes, seizures etc.  I cannot get 2mg tabs or liquid. So I was hoping someone here is good with tapering schedules because I cannot think and I dont know if I put the pill into water if it will stay viable and/or for how long?

Please can anyone help me figure out a schedule?  She is cutting me off next month, but I have some stored up.  I really could use your help.

Thanks

Hi einworb :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

I am sorry about the chronic malabsorption diagnosis, you are having a rotten time of it with one thing and another.  Vertigo is dreadful, I had that myself, I was bedridden for a long time when I reached benzo tolerance level. 

Seizures can be dangerous,  If you are prone to seizures, it is important to be under a doctors care.  Is your doctor treating your seizures?  I am sorry you are being forced to do a rapid taper, these drugs need to be tapered off slowly. 

Usually a reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested.  I'll give you a link to the Ashton manual, you might want to copy some pertinent pages and show your doctor. The manual  is an excellent resource for information about these medications and gives a lot of information about withdrawal/tapering. 

Here are some helpful links:

The Ashton Manual

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita