Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

will this crazy anxiety go away?

[mo...]

I am 31/2 months off of benzos this weds.  this anxiety comes every other day.  its irritating and frightening at the same time. when will this go away?

Im more worried about my physically symptoms at least u get some relief but i kmow thats sucks i seriously say my abc really slowly to get my mind from going to that point cause if i do i kmow my brain will go and run with it

I have really bad anxiety. I don't know if that's the reason that i'm getting nausea. I hope that's the case. I'm always dizzy. I have horrible head aches and the palms of my hands get super sweaty. THIS SUCCCCCKKKKSSS

Everyone is different there is no standard formula for how long the anxiety or any other withdrawal symptom will last.  I am almost 8 months benzo free and still experiencing anxiety, sometimes extreme.  I go through my windows and waves.  What I have learned from this website is that the most effective healer is time.  Again because we are all different the time it will take for each of us to heal is different.  Keep telling yourself this is not permanent and at some point you will heal.

You are still in the acute stage of the withdrawal, so very early days. You will have these waves and windows during the recovery period, some days are better and some days are not so good, the good news is once you have jumped, you are now really already started the healing process. Yes eventually the anxiety will go away and become your pre benzo self, it just takes time, a lot of time, but maybe you one of the lucky ones and you heal up super quick, who knows, your genetics will dictate that.

It's crazy what these meds do to us! One day we will think about this and remember this as only a bad dream. I cannot wait for that day to arrive, that's going to be a great day of celebration!

Wishing you a speedy recovery, stay strong ... you have got this ....