Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How long can windows last?

[Do...]

Hello although I'm still early in my withdrawal I was just curious how long windows can last?  i'm nowhere near there yet, but I was just curious as to how you know if you're in a window or if you are healed? What are the longest windows and if you have experience before having symptoms return?

I had a 2-week window at 3 months post-benzos. After that, I don't recall enjoying another one until 3-4 months later. Most of my windows (I experienced around 1 per month at 6-12 months out) lasted anywhere between 1-4 days. After 13 or so months out though, the windows began getting longer. Now, most of my life is a window. I had a minor wave, which lasted for maybe a day and a half, a couple weeks ago. But it was nothing compared to what I'd been through. But your path to recovery may be much shorter (or, heaven forbid, longer) than mine. Good luck to you.

[6c...]

Well, the windows on my house ... oh, you're not talking about those :)

I didn't really have windows and waves, I just went from suffering to healed as I got below the 1mg/day Valium mark.

So I don't really know, except to say that your last window will last the rest of your life.

Take care,

CP

I think one way someone put it best is...

eventually the windows will start to become way longer than the waves...

and the waves will get shorter and further apart.