Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

It gets better

[wh...]

Hi, I am almost 13 mths off and I feel like I am getting better !  I just want to give everyone more hope !  I am not done yet but I have noticed that more symptoms are dropping off.  I just give it to God and do the best I can from day to day. I am not the same person that I was before all of this but maybe that is a blessing in disguise.  I have real compassion and empathy for those who are sick, suffering , struggling and hopeless.  I thought that I did before but I believe I had more lessons to learn.  This experience has brought me to my knees and has proved to me that miracles do certainly exist.  Don't want to offend anyone who does not believe in miracles..It's ok, I will believe for you..bec it is inevitable that one day we will all be one !!  :smitten:

oh thats so wonderful, I am happy for you!!!! Thank you for sharing this - I am 9 months out and feel a little bit stuck right now.. patience...patience...

thank you so much.

Are you able to work again?

Hug!

Marigold

oh thats so wonderful, I am happy for you!!!! Thank you for sharing this - I am 9 months out and feel a little bit stuck right now.. patience...patience...

thank you so much.

Hug!

Marigold

Hi, thank you !!  I have been working through the whole process..It was HELL for a very long time.  I was mildly hallucinating at work and much more.    My team lead knew what I was going through and I kept telling him that no matter what happens do not take me to the hospital bec they will only give me more medicine.  Try not to feel stuck..it is easier said than done but I can tell you that it took me over a year to feel as decent as I do.  This very well can end for you TODAY !  Everyone is different.  You are right --this is all about patience and turning your will over .  I really believe that it won't be much longer for you.  You have such a positive attitude and are very uplifting.  You are doing excellent !  :smitten:

thank you so much.

Hug!

Marigold

Hi, thank you !!  I have been working through the whole process..It was HELL for a very long time.  I was mildly hallucinating at work and much more.    My team lead knew what I was going through and I kept telling him that no matter what happens do not take me to the hospital bec they will only give me more medicine.  Try not to feel stuck..it is easier said than done but I can tell you that it took me over a year to feel as decent as I do.  This very well can end for you TODAY !  Everyone is different.  You are right --this is all about patience and turning your will over .  I really believe that it won't be much longer for you.  You have such a positive attitude and are very uplifting. You are doing excellent :smitten:

the best compliment I can get is from another benzo buddy :smitten:

thank you... Being stuck has its reason for me, too. I don't know which processes are now worked out by my body, only the fact that I cannot notice everything that goes on makes me feel "stuck"... ugh! How nice that you have been working and still are! Congrats for that, too!!!

Honored to be on this journey with you! You've been through hell and back and kept trucking the entire time. You sound stronger and stronger as time goes on and I know the rewards will be worth it. (And already are!)

Not much longer, my dear. Not much longer! ❤️

Honored to be on this journey with you! You've been through hell and back and kept trucking the entire time. You sound stronger and stronger as time goes on and I know the rewards will be worth it. (And already are!)

Not much longer, my dear. Not much longer! ❤️

Thank You !!  I love you !! You are doing excellent and I am so proud of you !!  :smitten:

Hi, I am almost 13 mths off and I feel like I am getting better !  I just want to give everyone more hope !  I am not done yet but I have noticed that more symptoms are dropping off.  I just give it to God and do the best I can from day to day. I am not the same person that I was before all of this but maybe that is a blessing in disguise.  I have real compassion and empathy for those who are sick, suffering , struggling and hopeless.  I thought that I did before but I believe I had more lessons to learn.  This experience has brought me to my knees and has proved to me that miracles do certainly exist.  Don't want to offend anyone who does not believe in miracles..It's ok, I will believe for you..bec it is inevitable that one day we will all be one !!  :smitten:

Congrats and thank you for posting :).  I am approaching 6 months but still struggle quite a bit.  I really don't believe in miracles but I might will after I get healed from this  :)

Tracy

:)  :thumbsup::smitten:

My Friend,

You are the bravest of the brave.  We have been together from the day you jumped and I was just one year out.  Look at us now!  Still f*cked up, but less f*cked up than a year ago!  Thelma and Louise.  No Grand Canyon plunge for us anymore.  We are going to make it.

Love, Sofa

Congrats and thank you for posting :).  I am approaching 6 months but still struggle quite a bit.  I really don't believe in miracles but I might will after I get healed from this  :)

Tracy

:)  :thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Tracy !!  You will believe in miracles  because it is going to happen to you !!  I vow on my life .  Soon you will see things drop off !!  :smitten: :smitten:

My Friend,

You are the bravest of the brave.  We have been together from the day you jumped and I was just one year out.  Look at us now!  Still f*cked up, but less f*cked up than a year ago!  Thelma and Louise.  No Grand Canyon plunge for us anymore.  We are going to make it.

Love, Sofa

THANK YOU !!! I am really not brave though !!  Yes,  we are going to make it !!  I miss seeing little Opie on here !  But the tree is pretty !  Forget Grand Canyon !  That ship has sailed for us !!  :laugh::smitten: 

I've had discussions with others on here about what is normal and do we ever get back to "normal" again. For me, it's all about perspective. I'll never be who I was before all this, but then I reason, good, I don't want to be. The person before this was weak and got himself into this. The person I am today is sober and determined. He knows that numbing away the pain and suffering only leads to more pain and suffering.

I think it's too early to call benzo recovery a blessing in disguise, but that's only because I continue to suffer. I know what's coming and how I'll feel when I get there and I know I will owe it all to this experience. I can't wait.

Great things are coming for you. I believe you will be better and stronger than you ever were before because of this. This experience has been your moment of reckoning, the crossroads at which you decide whether you step into the light and live or wander aimlessly in the darkness. You have stepped into the light and I know the end is close for you.

I've had discussions with others on here about what is normal and do we ever get back to "normal" again. For me, it's all about perspective. I'll never be who I was before all this, but then I reason, good, I don't want to be. The person before this was weak and got himself into this. The person I am today is sober and determined. He knows that numbing away the pain and suffering only leads to more pain and suffering.

I think it's too early to call benzo recovery a blessing in disguise, but that's only because I continue to suffer. I know what's coming and how I'll feel when I get there and I know I will owe it all to this experience. I can't wait.

Great things are coming for you. I believe you will be better and stronger than you ever were before because of this. This experience has been your moment of reckoning, the crossroads at which you decide whether you step into the light and live or wander aimlessly in the darkness. You have stepped into the light and I know the end is close for you.

Thank you my friend !!  You have helped me tremendously through this and I admire your strength and courage.  You are an amazing person and I believe that the end is close for you !  :smitten:

Thank you my friend !!  You have helped me tremendously through this and I admire your strength and courage.  You are an amazing person and I believe that the end is close for you !  :smitten:

As do I. I've made some significant changes to my life recently, most notably dropping sugar almost entirely from my diet and things have improved, my mood feels stable, my energy levels too, and the cog fog and headaches have decreased significantly. I'm looking forward to whatever comes next. I'm relishing challenges, taking on new ones, and starting to discover myself again. I just can't wait to see what happens next because it just gets better and better.

Whenwill this end- thanks for posting a positive update !! Not everyone who starts to turn the corner thinks to come back and offer hope to those still in the trenches of withdrawal! Your positivity  has been an inspiration to me here on Benzo Buddies. I do hope that miracles are possible and that someday soon I will be healed and will be  calling it a miracle. In the meanwhile the joy of being free from the prison of xanax will have to be reward enough. Going into 2017 without the dependence on xanax is worth all the struggles I have had and continue to have. Hope you have a wonderful 2017!!

As do I. I've made some significant changes to my life recently, most notably dropping sugar almost entirely from my diet and things have improved, my mood feels stable, my energy levels too, and the cog fog and headaches have decreased significantly. I'm looking forward to whatever comes next. I'm relishing challenges, taking on new ones, and starting to discover myself again. I just can't wait to see what happens next because it just gets better and better.

You sound amazing !  Yes it does get better and better !

Whenwill this end- thanks for posting a positive update !! Not everyone who starts to turn the corner thinks to come back and offer hope to those still in the trenches of withdrawal! Your positivity  has been an inspiration to me here on Benzo Buddies. I do hope that miracles are possible and that someday soon I will be healed and will be  calling it a miracle. In the meanwhile the joy of being free from the prison of xanax will have to be reward enough. Going into 2017 without the dependence on xanax is worth all the struggles I have had and continue to have. Hope you have a wonderful 2017!!

I will never leave this board.  Sick or not.  It is only the least I can do for others because I will never forget what all of you have done and are still doing for me .  Yes, miracles do exist and yes you will be healed.  I give you all the credit in the world for getting of this after 30 years.  You are so unbelievably strong.  You are a true inspiration to me and so many others.  Please keep me posted on how you are doing.  I believe that 2017 will be the best year yet for you !!  :smitten:

Going into 2017 without the dependence on xanax is worth all the struggles I have had and continue to have. Hope you have a wonderful 2017!!

That's a great way of looking at it. My only resolution last year was to get off benzos. So glad I can make other promises to myself in 2017.

Blandthrax- we will have a better 2017!! We deserve it!!!

I'm looking forward to it. The hard part is behind us. I can safely say, I never have to go through benzo withdrawal again. Never. Here's to a benzo-free life!