Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Downhill Quick and No End

[Ma...]

I been Supposidly Sleeping but the sleep is Very light and The Quality is just horrible, I know I will never get over getting to sleep problems but I thought 2 months off the Ativan the Quality of the sleep would Improve, its not...It gets worse and worse and every day I feel more fatigued!

For most people I heard acute lasts a month then quality starts improving some after time, its not for me....its just worse and worse! I am truly sick and tired of sleping, its a pain in the ass to get to sleep then when I wake up I feel like I didn't sleep at all......to me there is no point to bother sleeping anymore, there is no payoff to it!

I keep hearing 1mg ativan isnt a small dose for 2 years but if my stuff is getting worse and not better then obviously as I keep Saying I have Sporatic Fatal Insomnia, my quality is getting worse and worse and more then likley sooner or later Ill stop sleeping all together, its just a very slow process with me and its finally starting to show

From my own experience and see others here is that insomnia can stick around for a period of time following the acute period.  And yes, 1 mg of Ativan for a two years is a big deal. Remember, benzodiazepines are meant to take for several weeks or less for a variety of reasons.  You have found one of them out, and that is stopping them suddenly after taking them long term can cause some pretty rough symptoms, including chronic insomnia. It is really par for the course. Also, in the world of stopping suddenly two months is still very early in your withdrawal. I personally did not begin to see light at the end of the tunnel until the end of my fourth month  to entering my fifth. Have you been diagnosed by a doctor for Sporatic Fatal Insomnia? How did you sleep while you were on Ativan? Here is a link to our insomnia board. I think it would be a great place to connect with other going through the same thing.  You are not alone in this. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=83.0

The First Year on Ativan I slept pretty good though still had days I would be up a day and a half, the last 6 months of my Second year I still slept but only 4-5 hours and the sleep quality was very poor which is why I wanted to try to Quit it to see if my Quality would Improve

As I said I will Have Sleep Onset Insomnia the rest of my life, I see no change in that because it has nothing to do with Withdrawl as I said before I had that problem BEFORE getting on the meds

You Cant get Diagnosed for SFI as far as I know, Basically the only way to test for sure if you have it is when your dead and they pick your brain, basically for Fatal Familia Insomnia if a Family Member has it and you have symptoms then you probably got it, though I don't have that once cause no one I knew has it

But Benzo, I think you had it rougher then me because you wee on more meds, stronger doses and longer periods then me, also my Blood Pressure was 157/97 again today, My Constant no good sleep is probably making my BP stay up

Yeah I actually seen that article before, anyways another on and off very poor sleep for me, one time I woke up and I must have slept wrong cause my whole left arm was completly numb, then I woke up with my left side of my head pains again, I can twin at all

Face it, this is not withdrawl anymore as I stated before this is just me losing ability to sleep and slowly dying from it, because like I said the going to sleep part is the biggest issue and as I said I had this issue before the Ativan so saying that the going to sleep issue has something to do with ativan withdrawl is stupid

Also I dont get out in sun much so maybe I need to start taking More Vitamin D and Maybe Iron if I am always tired could help as well, but not sure

Well another really bad sleep or very light, woke up a few times, I thought I had a dream but could have swore I was up, thats so weird, it like I had maybe a vision instead of a dream